Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I had a pistol I no longer wanted. It was just sitting in a case neglected.

I decided to sell it, but the economy here is such that nobody's buying, not even the gunstores any longer, though they're trading.

So, I traded.

Got a used Hi-Point 995.

This thing is butt ugly. In no way is it pleasing to my eyes.

However, it shoots. And shoots. And shoots. I ran all sorts of 9mm ammo through it and couldn't get it to malfunction.

The red dot dialed in quickly, and I was drilling targets to empty. I have some Golden Saber Bonded 124gr+P that were doing a number on water filled milk jugs at 50 yards. After I brought it in, I loaded it up with them, keeping the chamber empty.

Regardless of how ugly it may be, it's a shooter, and points very instinctively for me. If I need finer aim, the 5moa red dot will keep me on target out to at least 50 yards.

I'm thinking about eventually getting an aftermarket stock. They say you can't fix ugly, but I dunno... some of these stocks they have out look OK. I just wonder about the ergonomics though.

I do wonder how fast the bullets are leaving the barrel. The Golden Sabers advertise 1250fps from a 5" barrel, so keeping with the 50fps per inch, it would come out to 1800fps, which I can't quite believe. Maybe 1350 or 1400.

I figure it'll do the job when I need a rifle but don't quite need a rifle cartridge.

And... it's fun. :D

Josh <><

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Congrats man. I really want a 995, but the wifey says no long guns. :cry:
I think you will love your HiPoint and will soon have HiPointitis.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
:shock: Maybe you need a different wife. I bought two rifles last Friday. I went in to buy one, and had discussed another I'd like too, but thought money was too tight at this time. My wife looked at the one I was buying, asked to see the other, and told me to buy both. So, I did.

You need to have a little talk to your wife... :wink:

·
Registered
224 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really like the ergonomics of this stock - just not the looks.

I am looking forward to the new Hi-Point stock, but I'm not going to stampede anyone to get it.

Josh <><

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree that the 995 is a the ugly stepchild of the gun world, thats why I bought the 4095, much better lines.

My wife knows well that if she told me not to buy long guns that I would come home from the next show with a Barret, then make a giant muzzle brake for it, just to make it longer.

Its all in how you train them.....:wink:

·
Premium Member
63 Posts

I am looking forward to the new Hi-Point stock, but I'm not going to stampede anyone to get it.

Josh <><
I'm gonna tell everybody at our "other" forum that you were caught red-handed buying (and enjoying) a High Point !!!!! :twisted: :lol: :D

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts

Josh <><
I'm gonna tell everybody at our "other" forum that you were caught red-handed buying (and enjoying) a High Point !!!!! :twisted: :lol: :D
Sorry, there is a saying here, "What happens at Hi Point forum.com STAYS at Hi Point forum.com"

ROFLOL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You need to talk to the wife!

As for Josh Smith: Welcome to the club, enjoy and relax. I would hit Bushman up for much needed upgrades that just improve on what is already a fine firearm.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
I am sorry to say this is NOT a toy. It is a deadly weapon and I hope you treat it as such and not like a lot of fools on UTube [or at any local range]

Of course you can say a New Tool :wink:

·
Registered
224 Posts
+1 Z-man!!!! :clap:

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
It's a "toy" in the sense that it's new and fun to have. I think we can understand that without offense. If anyone doesn't understand that firearms are serious, the literature that comes with the Hi-Points explains it pretty well.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
"This is my rifle, this is my gun............" ;)

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Welcome to the fold! Look into the ATI stock. I love my 995, it is
a really fun shooter, but it IS ugly.
I ordered my ATI stock yesterday. They look sweet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wifey may say no long guns but you can wear out my 995 all you like bud. All I ask is you give it back to me when you are finished . :lol: :pray: Also remember I am :pray: for ya too friend. Tell Dad I said hello.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.