New truck. (Couldnt really think of a cool title.)

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Jones, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Not just any pickem up!

03 SVT Ford Lightning. 380 horsepower and 450 lb-ft of torque (pull some stumps ehh?) it has aftermarket exhaust and im not sure what else. But its mostly stock. Love it though. God that supercharger whine makes me happy lol. Ill try to get a video up soon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Brings a tear to my eye, lol, I love Fords.

3. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Not a Ford fan per se....but nice rod, man!!!
    Better get a damn burnout vidup quick fast and in a hurry jones!!

4. Very nice, looks very clean! Now go get another job so you can afford the gas! :p :p :p

5. Very nice truck. I had one about 5 years ago, dumped all this money into it. Did all the mods myself and it ended up making 517hp and 560tq if I remember correctly. It was a nasty little ride, until I got a liitle over-confident and put it into a guard-rail then a utility pole. I really miss that truck. ENJOY!

6. The only ford truck I'd happily rock. Actually thought about one before getting my xrunner. Mine isn't nearly as fast, but will keep me from wrapping myself arounda tree for now. I wanna see some smoke.

7. neothespian

neothespian Member

Oooohhh..... Fancy Schmancy!!! That had to set you back a bit. Awesome score, especially for a limited edition. Now you just have to take it to a open drag track day to see what it can REALLY do!

8. Looks pretty sweet. And this is coming from someone who's a Dodge Diesel man :).

9. i would rather have that than one of those "harley" trucks ford had earlier. talk about ate up....... :lol:

10. At a rolling start I clock your 0-60 in about 8 seconds. Thats a fast arse truck.

11. Dreamthief

Dreamthief Senior Member Member

ohhh. that's purdy :D

12. WOW If I knew that owning a forum got you pretty toys like that I would have opened one of my own up! LOL Congrats on the new Pickup!

13. And you thought those google ads were just for looks.

14. Ya thats with me half peddling it.

"Car and Driver magazine drove a lightning from zero to 60 mph (97 km/h) in 5.2 seconds"

15. neothespian

neothespian Member

Ya know...I'm not one for US gas guzzlers, but...

When I got into my little Chevy Tracker, I thought back to Jone's truck, and I sighed a little sad sigh. My little 32mpg 4x4 is nice, but 5.7 for 0 to 60 is nicer sometimes :cry:

VERY nice truck!

16. elguapo

elguapo Guest

El Jones...thats cool....no vid of the burnout?
    Just busting your chops amigo! That would smoke my '68 GTO!!!

17. I am NOT a Ford Fan, but that's a smokin' fast truck dude. 'Grats on the new truck my friend!

18. ohh now you just suck! haha. Looks like a sweet ride man. Not to mention my favorite color!

My ranger(94' black/silver w/ 3.0) broke its crank a while back. Its in the shop getting a 3.0 from a 97 taurus(70,000 miles) put in it. Should bump my HP by a tad to boot!