Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
just got back fro the local gun show with a C9 comp in used condition. I've wanted one and took it for $170 out the door. Got a quick question. The feed ramp looks a little less than smooth, should I polish it before shooting? Do I remove the paint and then polish or just start polishing? any good links to polishing feed ramps?
Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
congrats on the .40!
I'm new around here, and still finding things, but I believe there's a sticky about polishing the feed ramp. If anything, it will break-in after a few hundred rounds or so.
I bet that feed ramp would function better right out the gate if it didn't have so much transition, and was more of a flat ramp. Bullets dig in to the bottom of that transition.

$170 used...not bad. I paid $179 for my Hi Point 9mm NIB with the hard case. I think the HP .40cal was $199 NIB. I've learned that you gotta watch some prices at gun shows. I used to think the gun show was the time to get a deal on anything, but I've realized that ya gotta be careful at gun shows too.

Congrats again, and safe shooting! Sounds like you got a deal!

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I wouldn't worry to much about polishing the feed ramp just yet. Give it a quick check and cleaning and take it out for a spin! You may not have to do a thing to the feed ramp, let the gun do it itself. It may need some tweeking, it may not! you won't know till you shoot it! Have fun and :welcome:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a .40 I bought new too so no problems there. I was just looking at the ramp (maybe if I can get a decent pic I'll post it) and it looks like at least some of the paint has come off, just not smooth looking at all. but your right. Shoot then decide. It may be till next weekend before I can get to the range.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.