Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad bought a Hi Point and kept it in his truck for years. He wanted a "beater/just in case" gun, so he treated it harshly.:( It always worked for him. When he passed away 15 years ago, I inherited his Hi Point pistol. The bore was rusted and the firing pin was broken from bouncing around in his locked toolbox. I tossed the C9 into my gun safe and forgot about it until February. It was older, because the rear sight wouldn't adjust. Also, the gun was labeled "9" on the slide instead of "C9." I was thinking about having it crushed at the local police station, but then I figured I'd repair it.

I sent it off to Hi Point, expecting them to say, "Get lost dude!:p You trashed this pistol and we're not responsible for that."

Imagine my surprise when they destroyed the old gun, completely replaced that pistol 4 weeks later, using the old serial number. And it shoots like a dream! I'm sold on Hi Point. There was even a note in it from one of their gunsmiths (Ron).:)

So thanks Ron, thanks Hi Point, and I'm loving my new C9. I shot a box through it this a.m. and it didn't jam. Of course, I oiled it first, like you should for all semiautos. It may be a truck gun, but with proper care, it'll probably last a lifetime for me.

·
the Great
1,014 Posts
Congrats on your c9! It's brand new, but with sentimental value too!

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Congrats and welcome.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Cicpup, I forget the exact wording, but it basically said, "Your pistol was not repairable. Replaced pistol with polymer version with same serial number. Included a spare magazine for your trouble.--Ron"

To me, the handwritten note was THE BEST. It showed he cared about the job, and he cared about my satisfaction. Anybody can type a note or print a form letter. But a handwritten note says he cares about the customer :)....few people are professional anymore.:(

Hi Point is definitely an exception among corporations, in a good way, and they made a believer of me.....

·
64 Posts
It is hard to beat MOMs customer service. That is why I will always be a loyal customer.

Also welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Awesome story.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts