New (well, quite a bit old) Scooter!!!!!

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by neothespian, Feb 18, 2008.

1. neothespian

neothespian Member

Well, the new SKS is going to have to wait. $20 in gas and $250 in cash nets me 120 Miles Per Gallon of vintage Japanese goodness....

[​IMG]

Now, don't let the lousy combo of paint fool you: The bike is merchanically perfect and just needs new rear brakes and a little electrical work for the accessories. These things are getting rare, and the guy has another one as well!! Too tempting...

2. I can almost picture you riding it with a basket of fruit perched ever so perfectly on your head, lol.

How big is the engine on that little fart? Top speed?

3. Kyu

Kyu Senior Member Member

That's purdy! Been trying to find something like that for my 6 block commute...

4. neothespian

neothespian Member

Dunno about the top speed, but I would venture that it's no more than 30mph. The motor is a 49cc air cooled 2 stroker of the most simple design. The "starter" is a ratcheting foot bar that looks a bit like a kickstart. You pump it a few times to wind up the tension spring, and then press down on the rear brake handle to atcually release the spring and spin the motor (A spring loaded starter!!).

It's a solid runner and should easily tackle the largest hills up here. I bought it on a total whim in order to keep from having to start up the big Vespa just to bounce down the hill (just over a mile and a half) just to go to work. Also, downtown Flagstaff is FLOODED with neo-hippies and trust fund-afarians on their trendy beach cruiser bicycles and have been known to actively take crow bars to the sides of SUV's in traffic (This is REALLY a pro hippie town, hence my joy in finding another handgun in this joint). This scooter will practically blend in.....

Except for the loud noise, light trail of 2 stroke smoke (although it smokes the proper amount for a 2 stroker) and the soon to be flat black paintjob. Even thinking of a few .30 cal ammo cans welded onto the back rack as pillion boxes. It's as close to a hippie bike as I'm going to get, and I'm just fine with it.

5. Dreamthief

Dreamthief Senior Member Member

my arm is bigger than that thing...I'd get beat up riding it around here...lol goodonya though neo, but I'll stick with my full sized bikes ;)

6. Kyu

Kyu Senior Member Member

Have you considered handlebar streamers and a horn in the shape of a frog?

7. neothespian

neothespian Member

Ha. Ha. :roll:

:p

It's OK: I got my other scooter which is bigger than most streetbikes, so if I get mocked for the size I'll just pass the bloke at 80mph on the GTS and have him figure out that the huge black blur was ANOTHER scooter.