New York:Controversy Surrounds Pistol Permit Application Asking for Facebook Informat

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by GoesBang, Oct 26, 2014.

1. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Lots of crazies, malcontents, and potential terrorists on facebook.

2. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

you have got to be freaking kidding me

3. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Using it to evaluate your character?..... What happened to "have you been accused or convicted of any crimes?".... I believe that's more than adequate..... Freakin NY nazis

4. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

so what happens if you just put N/A? What do they think, that every person has a FB account? :rolleyes:

5. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

So the form is no longer being used.....now what?

6. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Yes, the FORM is no longer in use. Instead they ask you to log in to your account during the one on one interview so they can go through everything.

7. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

So ?
    Only libtards and hippies have Facebook right? Right?

8. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

FB profiles are being used for everything now, including the Job Interview process and even, apparently, for Loans and some forms of credit (so the allegations go).

That aside, every time some dickless nebbish shoots up a bunch of school children, there are, inevitably, references to it prior to the act on their FB accounts. We always seem to go, "if ONLY someone would have noticed!"

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

9. Bull

Amazing that the same crowd that thinks voter ID is too much of a hassle, is all for digging through someone's Facebook.....

10. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Mute point to me as I do not have a FB account. I just went through my background check again and they asked for it. Told them I don't do FB. Have to be checked every 3 years.

11. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I don't feaking kid about crazies, malcontents, and potential terrorists. No FB account here.

12. SWO1

SWO1 Member

If you put stuff on PUBLIC/SOCIAL media it WILL be viewed/accessed by ANYONE that wants it. If you dont think they can, with or without you password ......You are dumber than Dirt ..... :rolleyes:

13. go ahead look up my face book. you will find lots of boring pictures of my babies.

But i follow the rule, Don't put pictures up that you don't want EVERYONE to see.

14. Bull

Very true...... But not the point..... T

15. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

I wonder what would happen if you used greek/roman letters as part of your password. Would they even know how to make them?
    Or, just change the password as soon as you give them the info. :p

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNrWgjh9tnU[/ame]

16. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It's all just ASCII code, computers don't care what language you see on the screen, so the hack program will work regardless.

17. As the elites lose control, they sure are getting scared of the people being armed. They seem to go out of their way to upset people and push people to ignore going thru the red tape.

18. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

How long until they get so crazy they call for disarming their own security team for fear some nutter infiltrated their private security force to kill them.

All it would take is a security member to have their wife/child raped/beaten/killed because of the laws he's trying to pass

19. Here in NJ I
    submitted a request for two handgun purchase permits two months ago still waiting. A gun shop owner told me the NCIC check is taking two weeks instead of 5 minutes over the phone. It seems to me like they are trying to discourage people from purchasing hand guns in NJ.
    If you miss a property tax payment for two weeks they threaten to put your house up for sheriffs sale Talk about equal justice !