Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my new Zastava M88 from Buds Gunshop today. For $239 w/free shipping and $35 for the transfer, it's a pretty good deal. It's a single stack, 8+1 9mm and is pretty much a baby tok / 1911.

If this thing shoots as good as it looks/feels, it will be great. I should get to the range in the next day or two. I even found magazines for $15 each which came today too.

Here it is next to my 1911:

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
How's that grip? It looks like it would be a bit too straight down for me. It looks pretty sweet though, and sounds like you got a good deal. Hope it shoots good for ya!

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Very cool and interesting looking pistol. Let us know how it shoots; if it's durable and shoots well it could make a good inexpensive pistol choice.

·
Banned
3,707 Posts
So thats an EAA M88 right? Did you buy it used? GunDigest 2009 lists it at $499 so I don't think it will be an inexpensive pistol choice, but waiting to hear how it shoots.

Edit to add: check that , Gun Digest is way off in this case..EAA site has srp on the m88 @ 291.87. Usually GD is pretty close sorry

Also what is that piece that looks like a large retangular snap ring on the right side above the trigger?

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
So thats an EAA M88 right? Did you buy it used? GunDigest 2009 lists it at $499 so I don't think it will be an inexpensive pistol choice, but waiting to hear how it shoots.

Edit to add: check that , Gun Digest is way off in this case..EAA site has srp on the m88 @ 291.87. Usually GD is pretty close sorry

Also what is that piece that looks like a large retangular snap ring on the right side above the trigger?
Looks like some sort of a c-clip to hold the slide release pin in the weapon.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
...Also what is that piece that looks like a large retangular snap ring on the right side above the trigger?
Looks like some sort of a c-clip to hold the slide release pin in the weapon.
That's the slide stop retainer clip.
Look for disassembly instructions for a Tokarev TT33 pistol.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: New Zastava M88 - Range report

Finally made it to the range today. Rain and all.

Don't worry, it's all dry, cleaned and oiled; snuggled in the safe now...

Only got to shoot 6-8 magazines 2 of which were HP rounds. The FMJ was flawless and I needed to nudge the slide forward on a few of the HP's to get the slide to close. All and all, not too bad. I think this will be a great firearm.

Target is the last mag from about 8-10 yards. Wasn't trying to aim too much just trying to see how it fed ammo and it did a pretty good job. I'm sure the groups would tighen up a lot if I did my part.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Got it from Buds for 239 NIB http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/51921 with free shipping.

·
Banned
3,707 Posts
Nice shooting! How did it feel handling wise?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've noticed a few of those popping up on gunbroker. As soon as I saw a NIB 9mm Tokarev derivative, I thought it might make a handy spare pistol to go along with the old Star I've got. Talked myself out of it, since I already have a single stack 9mm offshoot of the JMB family tree.

Yet another one on the list of interesting guns I might like to try.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts