Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only large caliber pistol I own is the C9 and I have been following the forum regarding some problems with the C9 and how to correct them. My question is directed at multiple pistol owners and is: how does the NIB C9 compare in terms of loading/firing/ejecting problems vs if one paid $5/6/700 for a NIB Sig, Glock, Browning whatever. With the higher priced ones, what did you find right out of the box? 1 problem in 50 rounds? 1 in 100? none?
Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
I own 2xC9, 2x Glock, Sig 226, HK USP. I like my c9 but I'm sorry but the c9s I own can't not match with my Glocks or Sig(my USP was bought new and haven't shot it yet).
My C9 has decent reliability in term of $150 gun. I have average about 3 FTF/FTE in first 500 and after that is about 1 FTF/FTE in every 300 round. I'm not counting the light primer strike problem I had around 2K(which was a easy fix, a phone call and free parts from HP).
My G22 went through 2.5K of .40s&w so far have not yet any malfunction. I also have a conversion barrel for it to shoot 9mm, and had 2 FTE by the same box of Wolf MC ammo. I Throw the rest of ammo away and it's been perform perfect since(round count is just under 2K).
My Sig226 W. German, had about 700 rounds. No one malfunction.

HP is great for it's price, and no gun(that I know of) under price range of $250 can beat it on reliability, accuracy and chamber common caliber. But most $500+ gun will out match Hi Point in most feature.

Just my honest, no BS $0.02.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.