Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently bought my first Hi-Point, a 995TS. I didn’t know about this forum before the purchase. I’m retired with 40 years in logistics and live in central Indiana.
Thanks for letting me join.

·
Premium Member
36,857 Posts
Welcome to the group! Do you have any other firearm experience?

A few points. Don’t hand cycle ammo. Just load the mags, take it to the range, and shoot it. Don’t follow any YouTube advice involving Dremels.
If you need any help or advice, ask here first.👍

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
What Ajole said. Welcome to the zoo

Reactions: Rerun

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the group! Do you have any other firearm experience?

A few points. Don’t hand cycle ammo. Just load the mags, take it to the range, and shoot it. Don’t follow any YouTube advice involving Dremels.
If you need any help or advice, ask here first.👍
ajole Thank you. I’ve been in a love affair with firearms for the past 60 years but this is my first Hi Point and I’m looking forward to shooting it and learning more about it. When I have a question, I will direct it to you. Thank you again, Phill

·
Registered
57 Posts
ajole Thank you. I’ve been in a love affair with firearms for the past 60 years but this is my first Hi Point and I’m looking forward to shooting it and learning more about it. When I have a question, I will direct it to you. Thank you again, Phill
I have an older 995 in "original configuration". Love it. Accurate and fun to shoot. Digests everything I put in it's magazine. Only issue I have is it is a pain in the backside to clean.

·
Super Moderator
26,177 Posts
With a handle like PPG I thought you would have been from the Steel City and work(ed) for Pittsburgh Paints...

Reactions: ppg1949

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
With a handle like PPG I thought you would have been from the Steel City and work(ed) for Pittsburgh Paints...
I was thinking Pittsburgh Plate Glass

·
Super Moderator
26,177 Posts
I was thinking Pittsburgh Plate Glass
Both still PPG Industries...😆

I remember riding around as a kid and seeing their sample stations out and about getting abused by the weather.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I get that more often than one would think. PPG was a mocking remark aimed at me by my wife in front of her family “hi I’m Phillip, Phillip Gump”. It backfired on her on, as most of her family still call me Gump. Some of her family’s friends actually thought my name was Gump, lol.

·
Super Moderator
26,177 Posts
I get that more often than one would think. PPG was a mocking remark aimed at me by my wife in front of her family “hi I’m Phillip, Phillip Gump”. It backfired on her on, as most of her family still call me Gump. Some of her family’s friends actually thought my name was Gump, lol.
The best nicknames happen when they happen. Welcome to the forum. I did grow up in Pittsburgh though. 😆

Reactions: Rerun

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The best nicknames happen when they happen. Welcome to the forum. I did grow up in Pittsburgh though. 😆
Your right about nicknames happening by coincidence. I’m on a muzzleloading forum with the same screen name. The people there thought it stood for Pittsburg Plate Glass. As a boy in the ‘50’s I remember their commercials on early tv.
Thanks again, Phill

·
Super Moderator
10,062 Posts
Reactions: ppg1949
1 - 16 of 16 Posts