Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's done at last (for now) my 6.8 SPC AR. I think I may swap out the lower with an A-2 stocked lower. Stag Lower, A1 Sales upper, and a lot of AR stuff I have setting around. Most will not stay on, I plan to use the rifle for pig and exotic goats.

Ron M.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought 200 rounds of Hornady 110gr boat tail HP for $185. I reload and plan to use the Barnes Triple shock X bullet in my hunting ammo. Ammunitiontogo.com usually has tha ammo in stock for about $18-$20 per 20 round box depending on brand and bullet type.

Ron M.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I have been considering an alternative upper what made you go with the SPC over the Grendel . I have been looking at both (and the 458 SOCOM cuzz its too dam cool). Just wanted to see what the deciding factors were for you. Oh and VERY sweet looing rifle. But yeah I would definatly go with the A2, and Get that clamp off of that barrel puppies die when you mount lasers to AR barrels didnt you know that. All kiding aside very nice Iron you got there

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The main reason I went with the 6.8 was the ballistics are about the same as one my favorite deer cartridges, the 250 Savage (AKA 250-3000). I also noted I could get 6.8 ammo from several sources and 6.5 was much harder to get. I also plan to hand load and have found a lot more data for the 6.8. I don't plan to shoot beyond 250 yards or so. The 6.5 is a better long range cartridge, but I don't want or need that extended range. Bullet choice for factory and hand loads is better for 6.8.

Ron M.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.