Newest Hi-Point Carbine Accessory

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by cicpup, Jan 22, 2015.

1. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Was running out of rifle room in the safe and realized four HP carbines might be the cause. So I got bored and built this specially designed with the carbine in mind. I can mount 2 or 3 handguns in the upper section as well as store mags. Not sure if it's done yet but it's done enough to show.

Attached Files:

2. 0311

0311 Member

Good idea. Better build another one for the other 5 you'll be getting.

Really tho', nice job.

3. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

How did you join the shelf and cradle boards to the vertical stands? Kreg joint, pocket dado, biscuits, or just a butt joint?

4. cicpup

Vermont
    A new fangled product called "Wood Screws". It was built in the style of "Early Rustic".

5. Rachgier

So a pre-drilled, countersunk, butt joint then. Did you at least glue it? :p

6. cicpup

Vermont
    As the Britts would say "You're having a laugh aren't ya?". My carpentry skills are piss-poor at best. I'm just thrilled it looks level and doesn't wobble.

7. Rachgier

Pretty much...

8. Rachgier

Mine are decent. I built a shelf for my electronics under the TV thinking I had hung the TV level the day prior, but it turns out I was 1/4" off on the wall mount which spread over the 5' of TV turned in to a full inch. It's driving me nuts...

[​IMG]

9. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Wow...Rach.....that's like waaaaay off...
    That would bother the sh!t out of me...
    Just trying to help.

10. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I'd just make the shelf hang crooked, and say F' it!

11. Rachgier

It does bother me to no end, and I can't pick the TV up by myself, it weighs 170lbs. My kid is too lazy to help me for 30 minutes. I might threaten to ground him for the weekend if he doesn't help me tonight.

12. Rachgier

Can't, then it would look off to the computer monitor, the speakers, and the desk top. I also have to install the stereo system under the video game racks and wire in all the extra speakers. I've running a 10.3 surround system. Yes, that's 4 left, 4 right, 2 center, and 3 subwoofers.

Did I mention the neighbors hate me?

13. cicpup

Vermont
    Update on cubby hole. Also Rach can see details of my fine woodworking talents. Notice how I make it look like it was built by someone who couldn't cut a straight line worth a damn and didn't exactly sweat the details. Brilliant isn't it?

The rest of you can say "Hi" to my bird.

Attached Files:

14. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

My other solution was to grab the TV, and twist the sh*t out of the mount..... And that's all I got!

15. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Hey... It's probably more solid than any IKEA cabinet! :p

16. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

It looks like it was built of scrapwood and didn't cost a penny :D

Seriously, it looks pretty cool. Totally functional. Was the board that cradles the barrels pre-cut or did you make it?

17. bigfrank330

bigfrank330 Member

I am never gonna show anything that I have built on here
    You bunch of critics would tear me up
    LOL

18. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I don't know how you sleep at night with that gap out for everyone to see. Rach thought you had skill not OCD :-D :-D :p

19. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Come on show us. We are here to make each other feel bad

20. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

It's like High School shop class, only with guns. ;)

I built these doors in the Carport of Calamity myself and I chose the cheapest 2x4's I could buy from Lowe's. I shouldn't have because there were subtle warps in half of them that make the whole set not mate up properly top and bottom. Still bugs me, years later. :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk