Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,608 Posts
Of course I have. So have you. We all have, for the last 2 years.
My bills didn't go up other than gasoline. Depression we will have little to nothing on the shelves at the store. Anything there will be very-very high. All the Walmart branded stuff in the store like coffee, lunch meats etc was gone. Dairy case was very empty. Still lots of toilet paper, and paper towels.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,693 Posts
My bills didn't go up other than gasoline. Depression we will have little to nothing on the shelves at the store. Anything there will be very-very high. All the Walmart branded stuff in the store like coffee, lunch meats etc was gone. Dairy case was very empty. Still lots of toilet paper, and paper towels.
That might be in your area. Not here. Alot of that has to do with whoever is doing the ordering for the stores.

·
Premium Member
22,608 Posts
That might be in your area. Not here. Alot of that has to do with whoever is doing the ordering for the stores.
Probably the check out. Probably most of it is all automated.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
22,608 Posts

·
Administrator
29,775 Posts
Real world 20%+ inflation, world-wide economic contraction (aka "negative growth") for around 2 years, massive supply chain failures, and inability for front-end producers to make products and even product precursors is now endemic.

Dude, just because you and I are doing well, doesn't mean it's not a depression.

·
Premium Member
22,608 Posts
Real world 20%+ inflation, world-wide economic contraction (aka "negative growth") for around 2 years, massive supply chain failures, and inability for front-end producers to make products and even product precursors is now endemic.

Dude, just because you and I are doing well, doesn't mean it's not a depression.
Claus Schwab, "hold mein bier! You haven seen nuzing yet...."

• Haha

·
Premium Member
8,867 Posts
No, no, no. It's just been a string of mini-recessions. Because now instead of it being 4 consecutive months or 2 consecutive quarters, it needs to be 2 consecutive presidential terms...
Don't like the results change how they are calculated! Something our government is well known for! Like how the way inflation is calculated. It changed in 1980 and 1990... and using the oldest method we are around 17% vs governments claimed 8%

Shadow stats shows other data using older calculation methods, unemployment is a bog one. They no longer include long term discouraged unemployed workers

Rectangle Slope Plot Font Line

·
Premium Member
8,867 Posts

We no longer have the bread lines, government just loads money on a debit card you go spend in a store to get food. Government pays electric and gas bills for the poor, government pays housing(section 8)... it is all done in a way that makes it not in the public eye...

·
Resident PITA
16,404 Posts
You and I have never lived through a depression. We will sooner than we expect.
Finally. Something better than the Blizzard of 78 to throw in children's faces when they're acting all entitled and shit, Don't know about you but, I'm willing to ride it out as long as they bring back Gubmint Cheese.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,693 Posts
Finally. Something better than the Blizzard of 78 to throw in children's faces when they're acting all entitled and shit, Don't know about you but, I'm willing to ride it out as long as they bring back Gubmint Cheese.
Thats some good stuff

·
Premium Member
22,608 Posts
Out on bivouac we ate C rations. There was a a small can that came with the hard tack crackers. It was cheese food. Kind of like cheese pudding. Some guys dropped a can in the fire. A guy was standing by the fire when it exploded. He became known as "Cheesy Martinez" from that day forward.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Claus Schwab, "hold mein bier! You haven seen nuzing yet...."
Klaus,Soros, Rothschild's,Rockefeller's,Bildeburgs.... the list goes on. Every politician,world leader etc is beholding and owned. $$$$$ SPEAKS. Items? Everything you purchase.
Don't worry though. A cashless society is in the future. Everything (items) you own etc will be known. The banks will cash you out and negate your $$$$. Look at what 'paypal etc does when ya don't toe their line. Accounts canceled.......no warning.

·
Premium Member
8,867 Posts
Thats some good stuff
My mom was working dispatch at a trucking company when I was little. They did a lot of chese shipping from the Kraft plant in town, including boxes of gov cheese. If a box was dropped and broke open it was paid for by the trucking company as a shipping loss. Cheese bricks inside were usually still just fine so the trucking company employees took them home. Ate a LOT of that stuff! Made awesome grilled cheese sandwiches!

·
Premium Member
22,608 Posts
Gubmint cheese!

·
What the Hell was that?
860 Posts
Kinda like here. All the Walmarts are still trying to recover from Ian coming through. Sadly the walmart distribution center down the road had NO generators, so refrigerated and frozen stuff went bad and they’re playing hell getting it up and running. So prices are up at least 20% (and riding).

·
Premium Member
22,608 Posts
Kinda like here. All the Walmarts are still trying to recover from Ian coming through. Sadly the walmart distribution center down the road had NO generators, so refrigerated and frozen stuff went bad and they’re playing hell getting it up and running. So prices are up at least 20% (and riding).
Arcadia. Bet they have generators next year.

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Resident PITA
16,404 Posts
41 - 60 of 96 Posts