NFA question

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by mrgreen, Sep 21, 2014.

1. mrgreen

mrgreen Member

I have a bunch of suppressors and am moving forward using a trust. I am wondering what i have to do to move the ones i have into a trust, a simple form 1 and $200 each again?

2. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Yes, it is a transfer from one legal entity to another.

3. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

You would need to submit a Form 4 for each suppressor along with $200 for each one. You will also have to have the Trust created, I highly recommend that you use an Attorney that is familiar with the NFA and its requirements.

4. mrgreen

mrgreen Member

Trust is done and was just trying to budget what i need to make this substantial transfer ggrrr.

I appreciate the help too

5. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Not to be nosy, are you wanting to put them on a Trust so others can possess them without you being present or so your wife/family/significant other can possess them if you die?

6. mrgreen

mrgreen Member

Those are just some of the bennies also including no probate and other goodies like not having to do prints and pictures too;)

Not really sure there is one solid benny of not using a trust, maybe oyu have one i can learn about even though i have a lot doen that way currently i have to transfer to my trust now