NFL picks... it's almost Super Bowl time!!!

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by shadowlands, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Hey guys, who do you think will play in the Super Bowl?
    I think it will be Green Bay and New England. I'd kind of like to see San Diego take out New England tomorrow but I don't feel it's possible. New England is just so bloody strong.
    It's impressive that NY went into Dallas and got rid of the Cowboys, but can they do that in frozen Green Bay?
    My team (Denver Broncos) had a horrible season, but things will turn around. I've got my #6 Jay Cutler jersey ready for next year.
    And of course, our (Houston Texans) had a good season and they'll be a little stronger next year.

Can anyone stop the Pats???

Next year.. Go Broncos!!! Go Texans!!!

PS.... where is the Super Bowl being played this year??

2. Meh, I don't watch football so I don't know.

3. +1

Phoenix is hosting the Super Bowl.

4. bobm

bobm Member

I would love to see a New England / Packer game. That would be a show.
    I want to See the Pats go the distance just to see that snug look on Shule's face go away.

5. I'd say Patriots over the Giants.

Yes, I'm crazy, and I do think the packers have an edge, but I don't think it's as big as everyone thinks. The Giants will need to bring their A game, but if they can come out hard and fast in the first quarter, Favre is going to get pressured and start making mistakes. However, if GB comes out strong, the Giants will fall behind and never come back. My $0.02.

6. Phoenix, good deal... great place...

7. SteveD

SteveD Member

Being a lifer Packer fan. I have to tip my hat to the Gaints. They played a good game.

8. I just want to see a great game; i love football.

for half time, I'd like to Jessica Simpson and Giselle Buncheon mud wrestle. That, a good game, wings and beer.......... can't get much better. :lol:

9. I honestly don't think anyone is going to be able to stop the Pats. Eli Manning and the Giants played their hearts out last night and stopped the Packers, *Being a Vikings fan, I HATE the Packers and wanted them to die anyway!!!*

Only thing I can say is GO PATRIOTS!!!!

10. Now that's a great idea!!! I'd like to see that as well...

11. I'm ok with New York being in the big game... they earned it by marching into both Dallas & Green Bay as an underdog and coming out with victories.

I want NY to win the big game, but I don't think it will happen.
    The AFC has dominated the past ten years.

The Patriots and Broncos alone account for five of the last ten super bowl wins...