Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
let em bash. Majority of the people have never used one. Ill admit I like my Beretta 92fs alot more than my c-9, but I have nothing good to say about its accuracy, dependability, and price. My c-9 is my glove box gun. The 995 however is one of my favorites if not my favorite gun to shoot.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
ive stopped caring about teh HP bashers. all it is, is people with an arrogance problem making themselves feel good. ive owned more than a dozen different HPs over the years and none of them were junk. some had issues but the lifetime warranty took care of all of them.

SW

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sorry - I don't buy the "bashing" done by the OP. Apparently, the firing pin wasn't impacting the primer enough. He acquired (bought? borrowed? stole?) another that had - get ready for it - the <exact> same problem. He called Hi-Point, a company renowned for their "send it to us, we'll make it work and give you a free magazine for your trouble" who sent him a replacement firing pin and spring. For him to replace, apparently. He replaced them, and now "the bullets lay flat in the clip and wont go in the gun properly". Methinks this be but a drive-by bashing... ::)

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Here's my reply...

Man, I am sorry you were duped. That's very frustrating, to be sure. I understand how you feel, as I've been duped before, in times of my life when things were tight. To buy something that was advertised as a gun but won't function as a gun, well, you wound up with a hunk of scrap metal.

Since things have gotten better for me over the years and I understand how you feel, I have taken it upon myself to help folks like you. I would like to buy that POS, frustrating, unreliable paperweight off you. After all, it sounds like it's pretty much just so much scrap metal. Tell you what, I will offer you 100 times what the going scrap price is for that gun... let's see, that would be about $25 for $ .25 worth of scrap metal. Heck, I'll even throw in shipping...

PM me and we'll set up the transaction.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I can see why someone would get soured on HP. If you get one that jams and have to make all kinds of adjustments to get it to work that would sour some. I for one love them because I know if I have problems as I do with my new C9 I can just pack it up and send it to HP and they will fix it and return it with an extra mag.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
And HP owners on here have a couple threads bashing Glocks. Who cares? You like your C9 but that doesnt mean everyone else has too. A ton of guys swear by Mossberg shotguns, I personally think they are junk but I'm not going to post about it.

Seeing threads like this make me want to bash hi-point.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
And HP owners on here have a couple threads bashing Glocks. Who cares? You like your C9 but that doesnt mean everyone else has too. A ton of guys swear by Mossberg shotguns, I personally think they are junk but I'm not going to post about it.

Seeing threads like this make me want to bash hi-point.

·
Registered
253 Posts
To each their own.

I've stopped caring what other people think. They could think I'm crazy with my little cheapo C9 for all I care. I can smack 8 inch bullseyes at 50 yards with it, so I'm good to go.

Plus, I purchase what I enjoy, not what the masses enjoy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recently purchased a C9 and have put around 200 rounds through it so far. I don't think it'd be realistic to say there aren't going to be pros and cons on a $150 handgun. I've seen all the comments about putting thousands of rounds through these things, with NO jams, and, well... meaning no discourtesy to anyone, I don't believe these kind of claims are credible. Autos jam sometimes. The only way to avoid this is to buy a revolver.

I purchased three 10 round clips and all three produced jams the first time out. After a bit of work with some pliers, the problem seems to be mostly fixed. I'm still having a few problems getting the first round to load, though. The el cheapo, greasy feeling plastic stock is a turn off. I never would have guessed it'd be possible to build a real firearm on the stock of a water pistol. Amazing! Truly, I would have gladly paid an extra ten bucks for nicer plastic. The trigger is pretty rough and apparently does not accomodate any kind of adjustment.

I've seen a lot of very positive comments on the lifetime guaranty and customer service. That's a good thing, but I think it's hard not to view this as quality control after the sale, under circumstances where QC should be a pre sale event. I'd prefer to pay a little extra up front to cure any known problems, than to have to fool around with it just to get what I thought I was paying for in the first place to work right. Personally, I find the most frequent complaints about "low cap mags" to be hard to appreciate. If a person is such a terrible shot that they're still missing after the first 10, they ought to buy a shotgun. Or perhaps it'd be safer all around if they were to just stick with a baseball bat and call it good. The only reason I went with the 10 round clips is it adds an extra inch to the grip, which makes it a lot more comfortable to hold for anyone with hands bigger than a ten year old. So far, I've found it to be reasonably accurate and easy to shoot. The slightly hotter Sellier & Bellot loads seemed to cycle better for me than PMC - the only two I've tried so far. All things considered, I think it's a pretty good gun for the money, but I'm not suffering from any dilusions that it's comparable to more expensive offerings. The corner cutting is pretty obvious in the materials and craftmanship. I don't think it's realistic to pretend otherwise.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
First off the niceties :welcome: NOW!!! this comment " I've seen all the comments about putting thousands of rounds through these things, with NO jams, and, well... meaning no discourtesy to anyone, I don't believe these kind of claims are credible." SIR!! You just basically called me and others out here a liar on your very first post. I have over 5,000 rounds thru my C9 with NO, ZERO. ZIPPA, failures AND I have outshot guys with their vaunted Glocks,Sigs,S&Ws!! All are fine weapons BUT I still outshot them with NO trouble at all. I carried mine daily on duty as an armed security guard in a very dangerous job with no qualms or hesitation I still carry it with a CCW with no qualms or hesitation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You just basically called me and others out here a liar on your very first post.
No, I said that I don't believe everything I see posted on Internet message boards. The remark was certainly not directed at any particular individual, nor was it intended to be taken personally by anyone with views different from my own. If you have a C9 that required no break in period, required no tweeks to the mags, eats all kinds of ammo without problem, and that has never failed to feed or eject in over 5000 shots fired, that is truly remarkable.

Would you say your experience is typical among C9 owners? Or even among owners of automatics in general?

Have a nice day!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.