nice cold day

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by colthrash, Jan 10, 2016.

1. colthrash

colthrash Member

I met my son and nephew at the local range today for some impromptu fun. we shot the c9, jhp, s&w 40, a couple of xd's, 8mm mauser, cz 527, 300 win mag, bolt 223, and the mosin. we ended up breaking the chain on the target (its homemade). the target is 10x10 ar plate and we were ringing it at 200 yds. I really need to scope the cz, it is such a nice shooter. just a real good day... the nephew now wants a c9:D

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    .223 or 7.62 on the 527?

3. colthrash

colthrash Member

it is the 7.62x39, matches the sks for ammo...

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Yep, very nice!

Funny...CZ makes .22's that are longer than the 527.:p
    Just looked at one yesterday in a store. They wanted $800...but since they also wanted $400 for a 4595, I guess that's right in line.:rolleyes:

5. colthrash

colthrash Member

it was a little pricey, but I don't regret it one bit...

6. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    Cold is relative.

Was it -15 deg F cold like here, today?

7. colthrash

colthrash Member

no it was just cold (34F). I call those kinds of temps. freezing cold... I stay inside on those kinds of days.

8. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    I was shooting in the low 30's a week ago or so. Needs to be done to keep my old muscle memory refreshed.

I will attempt some sub zero shooting days this winter. Not expecting to have much fun.

I guess I'd rather shoot in 30 degree temps than in 90+ degrees...

9. Hansj3

Hansj3 Supporting Member

Ahh the curse of being a Minnesotan. Can't stand 90°, but 20 and sunny is warm...

It really is the humidity. On the other end I thought my jeep was being lubricated with frozen lard this morning when I went to start it

10. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Sounds like you all had a great time OP! ;)

11. colthrash

colthrash Member

took the cz, .17, 22 glenfield, and some hand guns out today. I scoped the cz with a Nikon 2-8x32, and did a rough zero within a half inch of poa (per Nikons web site). need to try it on a day with less wind to be sure. 22 and 17 I could cover with a quarter. the 357 is LOUD!!, with an awe inspiring fire ball (I love this). sore thumbs and a big smile...

12. colthrash

colthrash Member

the nephew and his room mate came by to show me their new... yep... c9pistols. not one convert, but two!!! that's right, two more for hipoint coolaide...

13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Which .17? Every time I see one at about $200, I think hey, that would be good...then I realize I have a CZ, and don't need another.:p

14. colthrash

colthrash Member

its a Mossberg model 817, not my first choice but the price was right (free).

15. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Not a bad price.