Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than the fact that your 995 now looks like a Berretta Storm, is there any advantage to the stock? Does it handle better, shoot better, is recoil lighter, is it more accessory friendly? I only ask because I got the 995 because all the reviews I saw on it said it was reliable, accurate and cheap. I don't understand pouring a lot of money into something when it doesn't make it perform better. I'm planning on doing some camo work on mine because I want to do some deer or hog hunting with it and prefer a matte finish and want to blend in. That's a functional reason to modify the gun.

I guess what I'm asking is, Why change it if there's nothing wrong with it?

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks a bunch, really usefull reply.

Other than the fact that your 995 now looks like a Berretta Storm, is there any advantage to the stock? Does it handle better, shoot better, is recoil lighter, is it more accessory friendly? I only ask because I got the 995 because all the reviews I saw on it said it was reliable, accurate and cheap. I don't understand pouring a lot of money into something when it doesn't make it perform better. I'm planning on doing some camo work on mine because I want to do some deer or hog hunting with it and prefer a matte finish and want to blend in. That's a functional reason to modify the gun.

I guess what I'm asking is, Why change it if there's nothing wrong with it?
My opinions for what it's worth...

- Does it handle better? Absolutely. The ATI/995 combination is really well balanced and I find I can hold aim much mor easily.
- Does it shoot better? It's more comfortable to shoot for me.
- Is the recoil lighter? No, I'd say it's a little more than the factory stock, but barely noticeable.
- Is it more accessory friendly? Yes. There are a lot more places to mount rails, and they are available from ATI and Bushman Parts. You get a proper swivel mount for the sling and/or bipod.
- Does it affect reliability? That seesm to be open for debate.
- Is it worth it? I think so! Looks of the gun were important...the near perfect handling and balance is why I'll never go back to the factory stock

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.