Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone using on there carbines of night shooting. What are the pros & cons? I haven't put anything on mine yet. I've used red dots on other guns. I did by a laser last week, but don't know what I'll be putting it on.

Thanks for any input.

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
My little OEM laser seems to work fine in the dark...I can tear a ragged hole at 10 yards anyway...

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Just an FYI a minimag flashlight fits in the laser ring that mounts on the carbine and with a LED bulb is great for shooting [doesn't have the greates range, but for the price it's good for home defence]

·
Registered
367 Posts
152 bucks for a light? THIS is a lot cheaper
how well does this hold up? i would think that recoil would play hell on a mini mag
what bulb do you use?the factory one or the led?

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
I used to have a minimag attached to mine, it was a tiny penlight, it was good enough for me to be able to indentify my target but then my cheap mount broke so I have to get a new one.

I now use a small streamlight, it's REALLY good for only 7 bucks

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I use a 20$ Brinkman maxfire it has a xenon bulb and takes 2 123A batteries. It has held up to recoil from 9mm (about 300 rounds) and 7.62x39 (120 rounds) with the light on and no bulb failure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.