Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was in my local Wally World and as usual, I popped by the hunting 'n fishing section.
Lots of .22LR ammo available, and lots of 12ga too.
No guns. No gun display, either, it's been totally removed. Grrr.

·
Premium Member
22,608 Posts
We still have them kn the suburbs. Not in Nashville, just ammo.

·
Resident PITA
16,404 Posts
So I was in my local Wally World and as usual, I popped by the hunting 'n fishing section.
They removed all that the day after Halloween to make room for X-Mas decorations.

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
I was in Walmart in Utah less than a week ago. They still had bolt action rifles and shotguns for sale.

Most of the ammo was gone pretty much though. Some of the only ammunition they sell is: .308 Winchester, .30-06, .22 Long Rifle, .270 Winchester, .350 Legend and 12 and 20 gauge shotgun ammo.

·
Premium Member
26,938 Posts
I was in Walmart in Utah less than a week ago. They still had bolt action rifles and shotguns for sale.

Most of the ammo was gone pretty much though. Some of the only ammunition they sell is: .308 Winchester, .30-06, .22 Long Rifle, .270 Winchester, .350 Legend and 12 and 20 gauge shotgun ammo.
Same offerings here in CO. Quite a bit of ammo too, and optics now occupy where the other ammo was stocked.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,400 Posts

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,400 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,938 Posts
I thought you were in Texas. Why did you go back to Demorado?
Yeah, exactly... why Rach why!!!
Mentioned that several months ago. Was supposed to go 2 years ago but got hit with an order of protection from the kid's father. He's ignored the first summons, sent incomplete/empty paperwork in, claimed he had Covid, and this last time "vanished" and his lawyer requested the judge order the SO do a welfare check because nobody could find him.

Then the judge had a death in the family but the ex had the balls to send the divorce decree back unopened and marked RTS. So the paperwork showed up marked as the final hearing set for January 18th. Not sure if anyone knows how support court goes in Texas, but the judge can terminate his parental rights, issue a No Contact order, and max him at $4k a month, plus tuition to their private school, daycare for the youngest until she starts school, health insurance, etc. Oh, and the judge has ordered him to show cause for action and threatened to seize their college funds because the ex withdrew her access to it without consent and emptied the accounts to the tune of around $300k.

He's kind of fucked.

·
Registered
127 Posts
At two close by Walmarts here in FL there has not been anything gun related on the shelves for a couple of years, ever since Walmart caved to the Liberals who make up only ~29% of the registered voters here. Guess who shops at Publix.

Only recently were pocket knives put back in a locked display case. But with what happened in Idaho, one wonders how long that will last.

🍀
Best Always,
Celt

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
Mentioned that several months ago. Was supposed to go 2 years ago but got hit with an order of protection from the kid's father. He's ignored the first summons, sent incomplete/empty paperwork in, claimed he had Covid, and this last time "vanished" and his lawyer requested the judge order the SO do a welfare check because nobody could find him.

Then the judge had a death in the family but the ex had the balls to send the divorce decree back unopened and marked RTS. So the paperwork showed up marked as the final hearing set for January 18th. Not sure if anyone knows how support court goes in Texas, but the judge can terminate his parental rights, issue a No Contact order, and max him at $4k a month, plus tuition to their private school, daycare for the youngest until she starts school, health insurance, etc. Oh, and the judge has ordered him to show cause for action and threatened to seize their college funds because the ex withdrew her access to it without consent and emptied the accounts to the tune of around $300k.

He's kind of fucked.
That's a hell of a mess. I hope you get resolved favorably, soon, and he gets stuck with attorney's fees.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,400 Posts

He's kind of fucked.
Well that... excuse my french... BLOWS.

He'll get what he deserves, if he owns nothing it will basically be impossible to get the "money" back but Karma is one hell of a bitch... criminally not sure how that would go.

Either way, that's a mess... hope it all works out Rach.

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Premium Member
26,938 Posts
Well that... excuse my french... BLOWS.

He'll get what he deserves, if he owns nothing it will basically be impossible to get the "money" back but Karma is one hell of a bitch... criminally not sure how that would go.

Either way, that's a mess... hope it all works out Rach.
He's also a stick jockey in the Air National Guard. It wouldn't be hard to make an anonymous phone call.

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
And after this latest mass shooting at that Walmart in Virginia, they are liable to remove everything relating to firearms...like that will change anything. I suppose their airgun supplies will be next.

·
Premium Member
26,938 Posts
And after this latest mass shooting at that Walmart in Virginia, they are liable to remove everything relating to firearms...like that will change anything. I suppose their airgun supplies will be next.
They already stopped selling the handguns at the 4 stores I can get to within an hour of here. Guy told me they went to order more and were told they were no longer available and only the rifles would be sold in store now.

Reactions: Hipointer

·
What the Hell was that?
860 Posts

He's kind of fucked.
Sounds about right for Texas. When I moved to Kansas, back in ‘03, they decided that since i could afford to move, i could afford to pay more. So they tripled my C/S. Took almost 4 months to get it through their heads, that i had to survive to pay it, but yhey ginally put it back to where it was before i moved.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts