No more primers

Discussion in 'Reloading Room' started by FlashBang, Jun 19, 2014.

1. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Here is a neat little idea I came up with to stop getting primers all over the floor when decapping. I used to drag the garbage can under the press and let the primers go into the can as they exited the tube, but always ended up with a bunch that would end up on the floor from the tube moving or me bumping it. So I came up with the idea to use a water bottle from an old bicycle. Now they fall into the water bottle and I just empty it when I am done. ;)

Attached Files:

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Nice bench Bang!

3. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

It's the bench sold by Harbor Freight. Works pretty well for reloading.

Attached Files:

4. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Lee must have wised up by the time I got my press. They sent a cap for the end of the tube so I just roll with it until the tube is full, then pop the cap to dump in to the garbage can under my bench. I never bothered with a better system like yours there because I've been planning on rebuilding my bench and 2 years later still haven't gotten around to it.

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Hey! Great minds, buddy! I bought that same bench, on sale, with free shipping! To my door, it was $135 IIRC.

They are plenty solid.:)

6. AS6

AS6 Legible in My Own Mind Member

I decided to buy that eBay $10 special. Who knows. It may be a rip off and if it is it is supposed to be covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee. We'll find out.

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Stop!!! Don't do it!

That's just the coupon!

8. AS6

AS6 Legible in My Own Mind Member

LOL Of course it is. My clue was:

“Auction for the "SUPER COUPON" Only. You WILL NOT receive actual item.”

9. Bull

Lol..... A coopin!

10. Bull

I like the drawers.... My old reloading bench was made from 7- 7' crossarms from our pole yard... It weighed probably 150 lbs.... But it was sturdy!

11. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

My Lee Breech-Lock also came with a rubber cap for the tube. I don't have a bench *(or the space for one)* right now, so I just clamp my press to my computer desk in my man-cave.