Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm happy to tell that we have been working for a long time to get my daughter out of these bad public schools.It ranges from kids bringing guns to school and them going off,to the school taking me to court to have me locked up for not having all documented doctor notes for her being out.I was luck because the judge said how do you plea and i said well if this is why they are trying to lock me up then i plea not guilty.I stood my ground but then the judge said ok i sentence you to 30 days in jail.The racist people from the school were soo happy but then the judge said instead of jail, i'll have you take a few parenting classes and that was it.Well im happy now my mom just left to get my girl from school because we have her enrolled in a online school where she will be safe.They are going to send us for free a computer and a desk for her.This has took us years to do but now it's done.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
My niece is homeschooling my great nephew because SHE wants him to learn the true stuff.This boy is gifted at 4 yrs of age he already was playing with the computer and his dad had to password things like the copier and important stuff.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Just out of curiosity, are you saying your (very young) daughter will be finishing her school career behind a computer screen, at home?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
You played the race card... That's a cop-out and you know it!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Thankfully the public schools here are still decent, still need to do some work on our own, but no need to worry about guns and such.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
So your the one who chose "black" on the baords?

I was wondering who that was.

Hope your daughter does well, the ability to read, write, use proper grammer, and puctuation will get her far in this world.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
So your the one who chose "black" on the baords?

I was wondering who that was.

Hope your daughter does well, the ability to read, write, use proper grammer, and puctuation will get her far in this world.
+1000 ROFLMFAO

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
I'm happy to tell that we have been working for a long time to get my daughter out of these bad public schools.It ranges from kids bringing guns to school and them going off,to the school taking me to court to have me locked up for not having all documented doctor notes for her being out.I was luck because the judge said how do you plea and i said well if this is why they are trying to lock me up then i plea not guilty.I stood my ground but then the judge said ok i sentence you to 30 days in jail.The racist people from the school were soo happy but then the judge said instead of jail, i'll have you take a few parenting classes and that was it.Well im happy now my mom just left to get my girl from school because we have her enrolled in a online school where she will be safe.They are going to send us for free a computer and a desk for her.This has took us years to do but now it's done.
So you think it was because they are racists? I don't think so. I don't know your race nor theres but its because they didn't want you letting your child skip school. Whats soo bad about that? Online school isnt that great. What if she has a question and you or your mom aren't able to answer it. Hell, my parents couldn't help me with my work after the eighth grade. Are you knowledgable enough in things like, geometry, algebra, biology and basic english to help her with any question she may have.
These arent even the hardest of classes that she will take in high school. If you didn't like the public schools due to how bad they've become, I understand, but maybe a private school would have been better. Online? I don't know.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Actually a lot of people are homeschooling their children now due to the crime and other crap going on in school. And they are learning more then your ordinary High schooler. There are a lot of home schooling networks already set up and more starting up.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Actually a lot of people are homeschooling their children now due to the crime and other crap going on in school. And they are learning more then your ordinary High schooler. There are a lot of home schooling networks already set up and more starting up.
But my question was, can he as a parent be confident to know that he himself can answer any question that she may have. Its hard to learn things on a computer. I've taken several online college courses. I didnt "learn" anything, just memorized it for my "tests" which I couldve easily cheated on by lookin up the correct answer.
I know that schools these days can be rough, thats why I suggested a nice private brick and mortar campus.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
I figured you would have to know a little about spelling and the english language yourself to be able to homeschool a child.
Harsh :cantlook:

·
Banned
5,315 Posts
I went to private schools, and was home teached.. LoL... The way the books are written, there isn't much need for teachers. The books will teach you just about everything. Granted there are still some questions, but they weren't major questions. I don't know how the online stuff is done, but I'm sure its set up effectively. There are lots of homeschooling organizations for sports. The organization in my city even has a drama club that does plays and musicals.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
sean187, Ignore em and do what you feel is right it's your children YOUR DECISION. Look on line for some good homeschool groups in your area they get together once a week or month and have socials for the kids and themselves and help each other out with questions and other things. I for 1 applaud you and yours, go for it!!!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
sean187, Ignore em and do what you feel is right it's your children YOUR DECISION. Look on line for some good homeschool groups in your area they get together once a week or month and have socials for the kids and themselves and help each other out with questions and other things. I for 1 applaud you and yours, go for it!!!
Home schooling is great also for learning, but, the major thing that kids miss by this is the socialization with other people, and especially with their own age groups. I have a couple of young children in my neighborhood that are home schooled, from different families, and they are very smart. BUT, dumb as a bag of rocks for common sense because they don't know how to interact with anyone outside of their immediate families. Just my $.02 worth.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Home schooling is great also for learning, but, the major thing that kids miss by this is the socialization with other people, and especially with their own age groups. I have a couple of young children in my neighborhood that are home schooled, from different families, and they are very smart. BUT, dumb as a bag of rocks for common sense because they don't know how to interact with anyone outside of their immediate families. Just my $.02 worth.
+1

If there's a decent private school in your area I'd try that first before home schooling. Being able to interact socially is sooooo important.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
my daughter was diagnosed with dyslexia (we had to pay to find out $1000) She has been evaluated numerous times by the school district and their answer when we asked about dyslexia was, "I dunno, she doesn't seem to reverse very many of her letters." That's only one sign of dyslexia. Now, studies have shown that 1 in 5 kids suffer from some level of dyslexia. They did not have a clue what to look for beyond "reversed letters".

So this year we have her in a private school that specializes on dyslexia. She has made more progress in the last month than in the last 3 years in math, of all things! Her reading is improving. I am still paying my taxes and the various mils etc to support the schools. In addition to that, I am paying $360 a month for private school because our district pretends like this problem is non-existant!

Very frustrating and expensive. I think I'm gonna send the school district a bill.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
+1

If there's a decent private school in your area I'd try that first before home schooling. Being able to interact socially is sooooo important.
Guess you didn't see my post just above yours. AND a lot of kids have been homeschooled and have great social skills it's all how the parents deal with that as well. WHY pay so much for private schools if you or your wife can teach them as well if not better then any educational system. public OR private!!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.