Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I have an old Noble 20h 22lr rifle that has the front sight missing. I was able to find the screw for the sight on gunparts.com but they do not have the front sight.

If anyone has a Noble 20h, could you take a pic of the front sight so I can see one? I'm going to attempt to make my own.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
35,668 Posts
Pretty sure almost any generic ramp sight would work, as long as the radius fits your barrel, the hole fits the screw well, and the height is right.
This is the Noble front sight.

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Moved to general firearms from general hi point. @THOMAS LONG , please attempt to post any future posts in the appropriate location. I also invite you to read the rules of the forum if you have further questions, feel free to contact a staff member.

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
More data, I did some measuring:

The sight is 3/8" wide, 1/4" thick (7/16" when you include the height of the blade), and 1-3/4" long. The front flat area is 3/4" long, then slopes down to the rear (slope is serrated).

The hole for the screw is 11/16" from the front of the sight block, which is round on the front end looking down.

The diameter of the barrel is .615" at the back of the sight block and .645" at the front of the block, I'd have to take the sight off to see if I can detect that the groove is tapered or straight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More data, I did some measuring:

The sight is 3/8" wide, 1/4" thick (7/16" when you include the height of the blade), and 1-3/4" long. The front flat area is 3/4" long, then slopes down to the rear (slope is serrated).

The hole for the screw is 11/16" from the front of the sight block, which is round on the front end looking down.

The diameter of the barrel is .615" at the back of the sight block and .645" at the front of the block, I'd have to take the sight off to see if I can detect that the groove is tapered or straight.
Thanks man... I appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
If you could find a piece of steel, 1/2"x3/8"x1-3/4" it wouldn't be that hard to make if you had a couple of decent tools. A drill press, belt sander, and a milling machine would be ideal.

I took my Pietta (Mitchell's Mausers) PPSH41-22LR out of the safe yesterday and when I put it back in I noticed the front sight was loose. When I tried to tighten the screws,, one half of the head on one of the screws snapped off. Luckily I could back it out and found 2 screws that fit, in a box of model train parts I have!!!

Next range day will be a 22LR day for sure...from a single shot Noble to this 50rnd drum PPSH41!!!

DSCN0349.JPG

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you could find a piece of steel, 1/2"x3/8"x1-3/4" it wouldn't be that hard to make if you had a couple of decent tools. A drill press, belt sander, and a milling machine would be ideal.

I took my Pietta (Mitchell's Mausers) PPSH41-22LR out of the safe yesterday and when I put it back in I noticed the front sight was loose. When I tried to tighten the screws,, one half of the head on one of the screws snapped off. Luckily I could back it out and found 2 screws that fit, in a box of model train parts I have!!!

Next range day will be a 22LR day for sure...from a single shot Noble to this 50rnd drum PPSH41!!!

View attachment 71187
I thought the same thing. That will probably be my first step now that I have some dimensions.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,804 Posts
Looks like a generic front sight from the era. Look on numrich sight for some close to that. I bought a bag of sights from them not that long ago. Maybe you will get lucky

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
@Dunbar - I love the Ruskie knock off. Where did you get that? I could fall in love at the right price

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
@Dunbar - I love the Ruskie knock off. Where did you get that? I could fall in love at the right price
Just saw this, sorry.

I got it from SARCO:

Search results

But it looks like they don't have any in stock. I'm pretty sure it was originally from Mitchell's Mausers and built by Pietta in Italy.

SARCO also sells the drum, which is made by Black Dog Machine but you can get it form Black Dog a lot cheaper:

puma pps 50 bingham stick mag pps50

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Not cheap, but not bad for what you get. WWII Ruskie subgun in a shootible caliber.
Yep, although my trigger finger can get tired after a few drums full of ammo 👉

AND...it takes longer to load than to unload. Nice wood stock and kinda heavy for a 22, makes it stable.

Now if someone would make a FG42 I'd have all my favorite ww2 guns in 22LR.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts