noob alet

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by backbencher, May 23, 2016.

1. backbencher

backbencher Supporting Member

Texas
    Hola. Guard officer, mustang. A few ARs, Glock 23 (Gen 2, original), KelTec, RIA 1911 (that will be sharing mags w/ my .45" Hi Point pistol), assorted other shotguns, pistols, & rifles.

I also like to Kragle Legos, and have run 24 rounds of 12 ga 3" 00 buck on my 870 w/ a Kragled plastic brick stock of my own design. My Hi Point is a candidate for new grips.

Picked up a used .45" pistol @ the fun show Saturday for $140 cash, installed the Thing Meister magazine catch yesterday, but my Novak 8 rounder's baseplate catches on the Hi Point's grip. Will get some other mags & try again.

2. FirearmFanatic

FirearmFanatic "The Enabler!"

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    You HAVE to post some pics of the Lego Shotgun stock!:eek:

4. backbencher

Texas
    It's actually an AR stock:

[​IMG]

This is what I like to do to helpless 1911s:

[​IMG]

My only excuse is I was very, very bored in Kuwait.

5. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I don't know if that's stupid or cool. Now me confused

6. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the nuthut

7. Welcome to the HiPoint forums!

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :welcome:backbencher!!!

Cool stuff, to look at!

9. backbencher

Texas
    Good news - stopped off @ Academy, & grabbed a cheap 10 round ProMag - it fits, and feeds PriviPartisan steel FMJ. It's dadgum hard to seat the mag, however, and drop-free is not happening - more like rip-free. Does going back to the original Hi Point mag catch spring make the Thing Meister mag catch not so grabby?

10. backbencher..

Welcome from NE Pennsylvania:):)

I installed Thing Meister's 1911 mag mod in my 4595 and it did not work that well. Others have had decent luck with this mod.. however, for now I'll feed from stock mags. I'm still waiting for a refund from Thing Meister.

11. backbencher

Texas
    Experimenting a bit further - the mag catch button has to be depressed fully. Then normal mag removal ensues. It does have to be seated firmly.

I have to look for a different baseplate for my 8 round Novak, then we'll see how it does.

ETA: I'm impressed w/ the trigger pull. Took out the magazine safety, the trigger is quite acceptable. Not heavy @ all, and while a little long, perfectly decent. Not easy to find the reset, however, but kinda pointless, as it's almost back @ the beginning of pull.

Ok to dryfire, or do I need snap caps? Being used, it didn't come w/ a manual.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  12. FirearmFanatic

FirearmFanatic "The Enabler!"

You should be able to find a manual for it on HiPoints website free of charge.

13. backbencher

Texas
    You'd think, but I'm not seeing it.

ETA: This link, found via Google, not via their website, doesn't work:

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.net/manuals.htm

This link, also from Google, not linked from their website menu, apparently works: http://hi-pointfirearms.com/Hi-Point-manuals/default.html

And, in fact, no, it doesn't work, as it leads one to this, which is a dead link:

http://hi-pointfirearms.com/Hi-Point-manuals/45acp.pdf

The late Steve had an old Hi Point manual, w/ the European mag release:

http://stevespages.com/pdf/hipoint_jh.pdf

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  14. Welcome to the form. Respect to a mustang.

The mag release I am not fond of but its matter of personal opinion there. Enjoy your .45 my friend.

15. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    That is some creative work. Glad to see that you are back from Kuwait with your sanity intact. Many are all too familiar with the wonderful accommodations out there.

Welcome aboard.

16. TopGas

TopGas Member

I too, am surprised that these links do not work!!! A phone call to the Customer Service folks 419-225-8297 should be able to get you a manual.
    BTW, was a mustang myself! "Demoted" from SSG to 2LT(USAR) in '82. Went AD in '85 and retired as LTC(USA) in '06. Kinda miss it from time to time.
    TG