Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share a few shots of my C9 with its new walnut grips... I have not have this gun long, & bought it to replace my previous pistol that was stolen in a break-in 2 weeks ago. I am not a major shooter anymore, although I was in my younger years and still have the trophies... but anymore just need home protection. All that said, I have to say I really love this gun so far, and with my new grips, really like the appearance. Got them on ebay from seller 7689dean at a really reasonable price... nice guy (disabled vet) and nice grips.
Anyways... glad to be here.
Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
737 Posts
Welcome. The natural grain on those wood grips is beautiful. I like the ridge that frames the safety.

There is only one more thing that could make that gun the cats meow. That is replacing the original plastic trigger with a Joey's Key Chain (aluminum trigger).

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Welcome from Ohio :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see what y'all mean by the clip of a new HP benefitting from keeping it full and being unloaded/reloaded... it was really prstty "stiff" at first, but I've kept it full, & ejected it empty about x1 per day, and it has really helped.

·
Premium Member
8,277 Posts
Welcome to the forum. This is a safety tip that HP owners have developed over the years. Because the striker is also the ejector HP owners have concluded cycling live rounds can be dangerous. There has been at least 1 reported event here at the forum where a cycled round has discharged in the action.

To clear a live round from the chamber most of us remove the mag then slowly cycle the live round out letting it fall down the mag well or tipping the gun so it falls clear through the ejection port. There are many threads here that deal with this issue.

duster

·
Registered
115 Posts
Those wood grips are sweet.. in june im going to look into getting me sum.. thete a guy on here who makes sum.... but gotta wait till after vacation...

·
No longer broke...
21,914 Posts
I've had a couple of folks ask me where I got the grips so I thought I would share the link:
http://www.ebay.com/usr/7689dean
Did these fit out of the box without any tinkering?
Does the safety work correctly and the mag release?
Reason I'm asking is because of previous reports of eBay grips requiring some work to get them to work properly.
Not certain if these are the same seller.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.