Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought 100 rounds to try in my CZ M70 pistol. Took it to the Range today. Now, Norma has always been a good product to me. Not good today.
The pistol is a blow back operated gun. All steel very nicely done weapon.
Well:
First round fired but failed to eject. Not much recoil compared to PPU or PMC. Hmmmm? Had to pull back slide and eject manually. Fired again and this empty was then jammed by the closing bolt/slide. This crap continued for a total of 5 rounds and the last three of the 8 in the magazine fired fine. But, the empties barely went 1 foot to my right on the bench.

Finally got the first box of 50 fired, but had to manually eject most of the rounds. Each magazine of 8 required me to manually extract 5 or more empties. Never have I ever been sold under powered ammo like this stuff. Nor will I ever purchase from them again in any caliber.
I also have 100 rounds of their 380 for my Glock G42. Going to have to try it soon also. Don't expect much here either.

Oh, before anyone asks, yes, I tried in more than just one magazine.

The Distributor does not even have provision for a customer to post a product review. Not that I could find. Shame on them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well this is a little bit different, but my son-in-law bought me some 22 lr Norma for my birthday kind of on a lark.

The dam stuff is 20 cents a round for 22 ! Ridiculous !

But I decided to shoot it today just for grins and giggles and see if it was "more accurate" than other garbage I shoot every week. Well, kind of similar to you, 4 of the 5 magazines had a first round fail to eject with the cartridge still in the gun after I fired it. And I did not keep a detailed count, but I would guess that about 5 rounds out of every magazine of 10 had some kind of failed to eject, fail to fee issue. Now that's garbage no matter how you look at it and especially for ammo that costs 20 effin cents a round for 22 ammo.

Total garbage !

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That right there falls in line with what I saw today. Another thing I noticed is the box of 32 acp shows no Country of Origin on it that I can see. The conglomerate that now owns Norma also owns Geco. (Ruag) I kinda suspect they are selling Geco and boxing it as Norma. Lots of the big companies do this to us. So, screw these guys!!!!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I did some testing with .380 some time back because regular US made commercial ball wouldn't cycle my 1937 CZ-24. I tried the Norma/GECO/RUAG/Whomever stuff and it was pretty underpowered compared to the PPU. I don't own a chrono, so I'm not sure what the velocities were, but PPU had no issues cycling the CZ-24 whereas the Norma stuff wouldn't even open the pistol up enough to eject the fired case.

I will be honest and say that I haven't had a gun that wouldn't cycle with Norma .32ACP (although I don't own an M70), but I suspect it is loaded to a mild commercial spec to protect the actions of early European made .32 automatics. Any of the more modern eastern-European service/police pistols in .32ACP are likely to be intended for some sort of hot "military" loading and probably also have fresher springs with more modern metallurgy. I'm also extremely suspect of the ballistic information published by the manufacturers which edge towards SAAMI/CIP max spec, I guess that's all just conjecture without a chrono though.

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found this ammo on Ammoseek. So, last night I posted a Review there about this problem.
At 2:07 PM I received via email a copy of a Refund to my CC Company. Just that quick. Wow! Amazing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts