Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,426 Posts
  • Operator being nice
When I teach CC classes, I often am teaching people who have little experience with handguns. When racking the slide, or inserting a new mag, I have had to start saying "slap that mag in like it owes you money," or "don't baby that slide; yank it back like you're trying to rip if off the frame and let it slam home; it's not a toy and it won't break. ...Do it like it owes you money."

And, still, people try to gently ease the slide forward into battery. :(

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
When I teach CC classes, I often am teaching people who have little experience with handguns. When racking the slide, or inserting a new mag, I have had to start saying "slap that mag in like it owes you money," or "don't baby that slide; yank it back like you're trying to rip if off the frame and let it slam home; it's not a toy and it won't break. ...Do it like it owes you money."

And, still, people try to gently ease the slide forward into battery. :(

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
As a newbie (this is my first gun) I always approached things with less speed and more control....I suppose it's out of caution and fear that somehow slamming parts of the gun with a lot of power will result in an unintended firing. But the Hi Point tech said these guns run better dirty and after a bit of abuse.

·
Super Moderator
28,426 Posts
As a newbie (this is my first gun) I always approached things with less speed and more control....I suppose it's out of caution and fear that somehow slamming parts of the gun with a lot of power will result in an unintended firing. But the Hi Point tech said these guns run better dirty and after a bit of abuse.
It's designed to contain pressures of 38,500 PSI, releasing all at once, with a slide/breach-block reciprocating against that pressure using only mass and inertia. You're not going to manhandle it into failure by racking the slide or jacking the with authority. No way you can hammer the slide/breach-block back any harder than a contained explosion. :)

I'm not saying throw it against a bolder. I'm saying jack that bolt like it owes you money!

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: moona11 and Nutrend

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts

·
Administrator
24,570 Posts
Why do people snatch on slides and charging handles like it's helping? Just pull that bitch back all the way and let it go like a sling shot.

Its like sex. What feels better snatching it out or letting it slam home?

Reactions: Rerun

·
Registered
35 Posts
Why do people snatch on slides and charging handles like it's helping? Just pull that bitch back all the way and let it go like a sling shot.

Its like sex. What feels better snatching it out or letting it slam home?
Which one has a higher probability of negligent discharge? :)

·
Administrator
24,570 Posts
Which one has a higher probability of negligent discharge? :)
Neither, because if you ride the slide home it's like wearing a condom while you're sitting down to pee.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
21,294 Posts
Geewhiz willikens............... told you so @SWAGA

Now did we mention don't hand cycle live ammo? Don't hand cycle live ammo!
The only 147 I have shot is truncated cone Winchester subsonic "T" and it was fine. Round nose 147? Never tried it.

·
Premium Member
9,305 Posts
Neither, because if you ride the slide home it's like wearing a condom while you're sitting down to pee.
Who sits down to pee and also has the equipment on which to even wear a condom?

But back to the negligent discharge issue, wearing a condom while taking a leak is a good way to have one of those if you don't hold on to things tightly enough...

·
Premium Member
21,294 Posts

But back to the negligent discharge issue, wearing a condom while taking a leak is a good way to have one of those if you don't hold on to things tightly enough...
I stand up and pee into condoms before my peaceful antPEEfa protests.

Question: Twist ties or rubber bands? :zombie:

·
Premium Member
9,305 Posts
I stand up and pee into condoms before my peaceful antPEEfa protests.

Question: Twist ties or rubber bands? :zombie:
Definitely rubber bands. Twist ties are not only insufficiently secure, they can cut into the latex, resulting in a potential rupture when you throw it.:eek:

·
Administrator
24,570 Posts

Do I have to spell it out?

·
Premium Member
9,305 Posts
Do I have to spell it out?
If you're talking about peeing while you sit down, and it is incident to taking a shit, I get it. But guys sit down to take a shit. We don't sit down to take a piss. We just take a piss.

I'm busting your balls. You don't have to spell anything out.

·
Administrator
24,570 Posts
If you're talking about peeing while you sit down, and it is incident to taking a shit, I get it. But guys sit down to take a shit. MEN don't sit down to take a piss. We just take a piss.

You missed it... I fixed it for you...

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
I sit down to piss so I can argue online with all you delusional @ssholes.

·
Premium Member
8,529 Posts
If you're talking about peeing while you sit down, and it is incident to taking a shit, I get it. But guys sit down to take a shit. We don't sit down to take a piss. We just take a piss.

It's more sanitary to leave one's shyt instead of taking a shyt.

eldar

61 - 78 of 78 Posts