Normal Trigger pull on 995TS?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Solon, Oct 28, 2014.

1. OK, I just splurged and got the bottonline Wheeler Trigger Gauge (manual) and measured the trigger pull on my 995. It's got about 1000 rds through it. I averaged 7.1lbs over 5 pulls. The trigger is crisp, clean and smooth. (a Keychain by Joey). Is that about normal for that much use? What are others getting? Other than the Joey trigger, everything is stock.:)

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I'd say that's about normal. My Mark 1 calibrated finger says all mine are within 5 lbs of your average, give or take 4 lbs..;)

3. Mine has the same as Ajole. Been that way since I bought. If I don't need more than one finger to pull the trigger, it's good. :cool:

4. Mine is on the light side then. Averages between 5.5 and 6 when I've bothered to measure it. Over five k rounds. Note to self really need to clean it some day.

5. I disassembled, cleaned, greased, did some polishing on the trigger bar and sanded off the sharp point of the plastic trigger . My trigger is 4.5 to 4.75 lbs using trigger gauge. Bought new two weeks ago and put about 300 rounds downrange with zero problems.

6. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum!

7. I always take my 1932 Nagant Revolver with me when I shoot the 995TS. After the obligatory 7 rounds with the Nagant the HP feels like it has a 3-4 lb trigger and that works for me, lol.

paul

8. Not2ManyGuns

Not2ManyGuns Member

To me, my 995TS, with a Joey's Key Chain on it, feels very much like a Gen 4 Glock 26/27 trigger.

9. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I have the 995 and the trigger pull averaged out to 4.6 lbs. I prefer a lighter trigger pull on a semi-auto.