Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This would probably be easier if I could work a camera, but until I get some skills I'll just have to type...

I have about 200 rounds through my Glock 17. I've noticed a series of shiny stripes on the barrel near the muzzle and there's a large rub mark inside the slide immediately in front of the ejection port. This normal?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I don't know about at 200 rounds, but when I first started noticing the wear on the Glock's I used to own, that's where it was.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Yes, thats normal.

I just bought a new gun, and its showing barrel wear already....and I havent even shot the damn thing yet. Just racking the slide and alot of dry firing.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the answers, I should have known though, it doesn't take long to get wear marks on nearly any firearm.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
The barrel wear is normal. All guns does that. Glock Tenifer is tough, but can't protect the parkerized finish on top of Tenifer.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Mine's barrel has the same wear you are talking about. Mine has a lot though. I have no idea how many rounds were put through the gun before I got it (old police gun) but I've put 5 or 6 hundred through it. The wear was on it when I got it and it hasn't gotten any worse, so I think after a while it gets to a sort of maximum wear level then stops. It doesn't really bother me. It lets people know that the gun gets used :)

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
mine has over 17,000 rounds through it. the wear you see is normal and shows until about 5000 rounds have been fired, then doesnt get any worse. its just the gun wearing in. dont owrry about it.

SW

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Not a Glock, but this is wear from ~1000 rounds.

Top 'O the barrel, contact with slide

Same pic, just the other side, notice the wear from the extractor too..

Shows where the slide rests when cycling

And the recoil spring.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool, thanks for the pictures. That does a lot to put my mind at ease. I haven't owned a lot of handguns so it helps to know that mine isn't wearing out abnormally.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts