Northern VA shooting range

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by PapaMAS, Sep 20, 2014.

1. PapaMAS

PapaMAS PapaMAS Member

Visited the Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly, VA. Nice range! Clean, well lit and ventilated; friendly staff. I had to buy some ammo there - $32/box of 50 of Federal .45acp whitebox, which is about $10 or so more per box than I can get at home or from bulkammo. But, I guess that's one way they make their money. All in all, worth the trip.

Put about 250 rounds through my JHP. Dang, I like this gun! Very accurate when I pay the proper attention. The only issue I had was with a magazine which occasionally did not want to let the top cartridge feed into the chamber. Not sure why, but when I only put 8 rounds in it I had no further issues.

2. That price is a tad high for WWB. Dick's want 29.99 for the same box but my reloads cost me 4.25 a box.

3. PapaMAS

PapaMAS PapaMAS Member

Just got back from Sharp Shooters in Lorton, VA. Nice range, but not as nice as Blue Ridge Arsenal or Silver Eagle Group; still, a good place to go.

Put 100 rounds of WWB and 50 of Privy Partisan through my JHP, both 230gr hardball. Again, no problems except with the one mag which occasionally did not want to let the top cartridge feed into the chamber. It seems the cartridge rim would catch on the lips of the magazine. Sounds like I need to modify that mag.