Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the gun show today here in Houston. For those interested, the JHP was going for $149.99... The JHP, a Fobus holster for it, and 500 rds. of Blazer .45 would have come out to about $350. after taxes. Not a huge savings over a local shop, but what I was really hoping to find was a C9 Comp, but there wasn't one, there aren't any in the local gun shops, and I can't find one on GunBroker.Com. Is there some reason that they're so scarce?

:wall:

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't check. I already have 2 + 1 for my C9. I was primarily looking for the Comp; nowhere to be found...

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
The reason they are so hard to find is that HP is not making them at this time but may again in the future.

I too wanted the C9 Comp but had to settle for the C9 since they were nowhere to be found on or off-line.

If I do see one locally I will buy it even if I have to just make payments for it(money is tight right now).

If anyone in/near Springfield, MO. wants to sell their C9 Comp, send me a PM :pray:

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to needle you a little there are three C9 comps NIB at sports unlimited in Aberdeen SD for 195$ SW
.....sounds a bit high, doesn't it? A JHP, at the gun show yesterday, was only $149. When they start making them again, I can probably get one for a good price. I'm eyeing that and a rifle with the aftermarket stock.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The reason they are so hard to find is that HP is not making them at this time but may again in the future. I too wanted the C9 Comp but had to settle for the C9 since they were nowhere to be found on or off-line. If I do see one locally I will buy it even if I have to just make payments for it(money is tight right now). If anyone in/near Springfield, MO. wants to sell their C9 Comp, send me a PM :pray:
O.k., that would explain it. Why did they stop making them? It's only a slight modification to the C9, frame and barrel-wise. It shouldn't be that hard to make. Any idea? or word from the factory?

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow. $205? Is this before or after taxes? Still too high, imo. You could buy one off of GunBroker, pay your ffl, add shipping, and still be under that.

·
Registered
501 Posts
O.k., that would explain it. Why did they stop making them? It's only a slight modification to the C9, frame and barrel-wise. It shouldn't be that hard to make. Any idea? or word from the factory?
I heard they just put them on hold to catch up on backorders for the C9 and the carbines.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm looking for a compensated model...or rather I was; after reading some of the threads here, it seems that they don't offer a substantial difference in felt recoil. I'll probably go for the JHP next.

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
Wow. $205? Is this before or after taxes? Still too high, imo. You could buy one off of GunBroker, pay your ffl, add shipping, and still be under that.
the high dollar ones were bought before gunbroker came on the scene. ive been playing wth hi points since they said allard on the sides of them. i think my first one was some point around 90 or 91 IIRC.

SW

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Just to needle you a little there are three C9 comps NIB at sports unlimited in Aberdeen SD for 195$

SW
The suggested price on the HP website(which is out of date) is $177.00 I believe.
Remember that they do come with an 8 & a 10 rnd Mag.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts