Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The costume features the mask of an alien with a green card and an orange jumpsuit with "illegal alien" written across the front.

http://news.aol.com/article/targets-illegal-alien-costume-under-fire/721428?icid=main|aimzones|dl1|link2|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle%2Ftargets-illegal-alien-costume-under-fire%2F721428

Somebody at that company has some pretty large stones :devilsidesmile:

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
So if they would have called it "Undocumented Extraterrestrial Visitor" would that have been PC enough to sell it?

I think it's funny too, I'm probably a racist huh?

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if they would have called it "Undocumented Extraterrestrial Visitor" would that have been PC enough to sell it?

I think it's funny too, I'm probably a racist huh?
Yeah but so am I :cantlook: what can I say picking on illegal immigrants of any race is funny...

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I was telling the wife about it yesterday, we both laughed and rolled our eyes that some immigration group in southern Komiefornia was asking Target to take it off the racks because of its offense nature.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Recent poll shows that 91% are not offended and 9% are. But what the heck, it only takes one person to be offended by the sight of a cross to cause a major controversy.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Recent poll shows that 91% are not offended and 9% are. But what the heck, it only takes one person to be offended by the sight of a cross to cause a major controversy.
Ya unless your conservative, a "tea party goer", or a gun owner then piss on ya. Your just racist... even if your black lol

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah it reminds me of that episode of Family Guy with the David Hyde Pierce incident on TV and the FCC got 20 calls complaining about it and they were like each person equaled 1 billion people so 20 billion people were offended so they censored TV....

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well that's just stupid.

Everyone knows if you have a green card, you are not illegal.
Not if it expired, or it's a fake...

But illegal immigrants never have false documentation...

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
I thought it was pretty funny too.

I did think it was weird that Target would stock something like that - considering that it was only a matter of time before they caught bad press about it. But you know Wal-Mart sure as hell wouldn't have sold them, no need to alienate 3/4's of your customers.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought it was pretty funny too.

I did think it was weird that Target would stock something like that - considering that it was only a matter of time before they caught bad press about it. But you know Wal-Mart sure as hell wouldn't have sold them, no need to alienate 3/4's of your customers.
No pun intended right?

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I do what I can.

But seriously, wal-mart does feel like a totally different planet, a hostile one.
Yeah and it sucks when you can't get ammo on a hostile planet. :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Has this illegal alien costume really caused "controversey"????

I just can't believe that it's that big a deal.

Here is the list of the items my 11 year old son purchased at the Halloween store for his costume this year.

1 rather large crappy sombrero.

1 Actual knit wool poncho, cause they don't make "costume" ponchos. Luckily it was actually from mexico so it only cost $10.00

1 Giant black fake mustache with the glue to put it on.

1 Giant black fake Goatee with glue to put it on.

1 Giant black fake Mono-brow eye brow with glue to put it on.

2 dog squeeky toys shaped and colored to look like Tacos.

His Costume is called, "Paco the Taconator".

This was all his idea. He giggled the whole time we were purchasing the stuff. To him, it's just a great and original costume.

I wonder if anyone will say it's offensive???

Screw-em. It's halloween. He can dress up as anything he wants and I'll support him. It's freakin halloween!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
If I were an illegal alien and could read English, I would still find the costume damn funny. It seems no one can take a joke anymore or laugh at themselves. Sorry all, I'm just not a bleeding heart liberal, I find it funny.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.