Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
24,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got off the phone with my ex-wife's sister and niece. It doesn't look good for her. She tested positive for Covid a few months back but shook it off rather quickly and retested negative. Well she was admitted to the hospital yesterday with pneumonia AND Covid and has been put on a vent. She has alot of co-morbidities. Pre-diabetes, COPD, hypothyroidism, morbidly obese, fybromyalgia, and degenerative disc disease which causes an excessive build up of CSF and requires a shunt. Doctors aren't optimistic, but they've seen recoveries from worse situations so there's no telling. She's still trending down and her O² levels won't come up above 90%. I'm honestly not looking forward to getting my boys through this. I know how rough it is to suddenly lose a parent, but at 18 years old?

Now you know me and you know I don't do prayers, but she does and I'm sure she would thank and bless you all if you prayed for her.

Side Note: In going through her affairs, it turns out the court never accepted our divorce paperwork back in 2007. I signed, she filed, clerk said everything looked good, I called it even. So I've been married for the past 14 years...18 total...

·
Super Moderator
28,537 Posts
So I just got off the phone with my ex-wife's sister and niece. It doesn't look good for her. She tested positive for Covid a few months back but shook it off rather quickly and retested negative. Well she was admitted to the hospital yesterday with pneumonia AND Covid and has been put on a vent. She has alot of co-morbidities. Pre-diabetes, COPD, hypothyroidism, morbidly obese, fybromyalgia, and degenerative disc disease which causes an excessive build up of CSF and requires a shunt. Doctors aren't optimistic, but they've seen recoveries from worse situations so there's no telling. She's still trending down and her O² levels won't come up above 90%. I'm honestly not looking forward to getting my boys through this. I know how rough it is to suddenly lose a parent, but at 18 years old?

Now you know me and you know I don't do prayers, but she does and I'm sure she would thank and bless you all if you prayed for her.
Sorry to hear that. Prayers offered.

Side Note: In going through her affairs, it turns out the court never accepted our divorce paperwork back in 2007. I signed, she filed, clerk said everything looked good, I called it even. So I've been married for the past 14 years...18 total...
Weren't you remarried? Does that make you a polygamist?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: Rachgier

·
Administrator
24,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear that. Prayers offered.

Weren't you remarried? Does that make you a polygamist?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
No, engaged. The most recent ex never finished getting divorced from her ex husband. Still isn't but is "engaged" to the new boyfriend too. :ROFLMAO:

I might have a thing for crazy women...

·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts
Here too, Rach. Praying for you both - and the boys.

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts
My brother in law just got out of the hospital from Wuhan Coronavirus. He is still recovering. Most people who got it in my wife's family did okay but were sick for about ten days.

I hope she recovers and I said a prayer for her.

·
Administrator
24,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And to kick my son while he's down? I got a call from the school today because a classmate he had direct contact with tested positive for Covid. So now he's on a 10-day quarantine and unable to return pending 2 negative tests...

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Prayers sent. Regardless of what we may think about Covid 19 and the vaccine, this thing is real and at this point I'm sure we all know someone who has been impacted. I really hope she pulls through.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Sorry, I don't say prayers for Ex wife's but will say one for your son and his relatives.

On a side note, I still don't know who's married, engaged, dying from your story. Then again, I'm on my first cup of coffee.

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
Wait until we factor in the girl in Texas...
I thought that was over.

I have the crazy woman magnet too. I just refuse to entertain the idea of marriage anymore.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Administrator
24,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought that was over.

I have the crazy woman magnet too. I just refuse to entertain the idea of marriage anymore.
Posted about it before, but there's a lot going on there. The TLDR is her ex slapped a restraining order on her, preventing her from leaving the state or bringing me around the kids, she was off her meds and went full cycle, now she's back on track and filed for full custody due to abandonment because after filing the paperwork he hasn't spoken to ANY of the kids and has refused to show up to any court dates. The judge issued one final notice to appear with the threat of an arrest warrant if he doesn't show. He's got family money so he thinks he's of the untouchable variety.

·
Administrator
24,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So updates and stuff...

The boy: negative rapid test, cleared for school in Monday unless he develops any symptoms by then.

His mom: Es no bueno. Medically induced coma, O² sats are barely making 75% with the vent on full tilt, kidney and liver functions are down, urine production is virtually nill, and the doctors won't come out and say it but when I mentioned that multi-systemic organ failure is the only unchecked box I got a grunt. I also forgot I was on a conference call which included her niece, brother, and sister. They didn't take my comment or the doctor's response well at all.

Sometimes I forget that I'm desensitized to this type of thing and have learned how to compartmentalize then apply logic and reason where most people fall apart. I'm already looking ahead to getting her a burial plot, forever box, a memorial service, skipping any body prep or autopsy per her wishes, and trying to find out if we're even allowed to have a viewing or regular burial since it's a Covid death and at one point everyone who died had to be cremated, which Joanie was vehemently opposed to.

·
Premium Member
35,988 Posts
Are you going to be “allowed” to do all that logical business like stuff without interference, or is her family going to make it all difficult?

My siblings were a mix. Funny thing for us was, the left leaning three were torn up the worst, the three right wingers were fine. Cry and mourn where it fits, but take care of mom, her finances, and all the rest as needed.

My wife has a hard time with that sort of thing too. I can put off the emotional stuff if there’s stuff that needs to be done first, she can’t figure that out, she’s a stressball.

·
Premium Member
8,597 Posts
Last year when my middle sister died from Cancer, her main wish was to be cremated and placed at our mom's feet.

The funeral home did an excellent job fulfilling her wishes.

I hope, when that time comes, ya'll have the same experience of professionalism.

Prayers for ya'll's needs.

eldar

·
Administrator
24,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well she did the impossible. She stabilized and woke up, but her kidneys are still failing so she's had a port installed and is on 24/7 dialysis. O² sats came up to 90% overnight.

So she's not out of the woods yet, but she definitely found a clearing...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts