Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts
Good news Rach. Thanks for the update. I know you're not much for prayer, but I'll keep it up anyway.

Reactions: Rachgier

·
Administrator
24,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Good news Rach. Thanks for the update. I know you're not much for prayer, but I'll keep it up anyway.
That's the beauty of it. Her faith and knowing that y'all are praying for her created a more positive mindset. Of which has been scientifically proven to increase the probability of a successful and expedited recovery.

·
Premium Member
3,252 Posts
I hope for a full recovery. It sounds like she is beating all the odds thus far and I hope she continues to.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,984 Posts
Wow man, don't know what to say, lost Sis to covid right b4 Christmas 2019 and just buried Dad a week ago, but as far as compartmentalized tasks, you do what you gotta do. My comfort is that Dad died seemingly peaceful in his sleep, and he had already coached me up on the preparations he had made for mom.
Sending good vibes and and positive thoughts all around

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's hard to have a loved one in a hospital or extended care facility anytime, but the conditions the past 18 months have been a challenge.

No personal visits for the most part. Funerals and visitation either non existent or very limited.

I hope she has a full and speedy recovery.

·
Administrator
24,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Bad news from North Carolina. I'll provide more when I have solid answers.

• Sad
Reactions: lklawson

·
Administrator
24,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
So everyone was advised that this is the end. It's what I was afraid of when she stabilized. Basically the terminal patient stabilizes and even appears to improve, then crashes like they drove off a cliff. It's called an end-of-life rally or terminal lucidity.

It would appear this is where we are at.

·
Premium Member
6,541 Posts
So everyone was advised that this is the end. It's what I was afraid of when she stabilized. Basically the terminal patient stabilizes and even appears to improve, then crashes like they drove off a cliff. It's called an end-of-life rally or terminal lucidity.

Sorry to hear this brother.

·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts
Yeah - Don't know what to say, Rach. Like Flash, I'm sorry it played out this way

Reactions: Rachgier

·
Administrator
24,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
28,530 Posts

I'm sorry to hear that.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
35,988 Posts

I didn't want to mention it...my Dad did the same thing. Coma for over a week, then wide awake and lucid, talked on the phone, couldn't wait to get out to go hunting, two days later, gone in his sleep.

Sometimes God has plans, and our wishes and prayers don't change them.
Glad you're there to take care of the boy...

·
Administrator
24,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I didn't want to mention it...my Dad did the same thing. Coma for over a week, then wide awake and lucid, talked on the phone, couldn't wait to get out to go hunting, two days later, gone in his sleep.

Sometimes God has plans, and our wishes and prayers don't change them.
Glad you're there to take care of the boy...
Yeah, I've seen it before. Got blindsided by it in combat and as a medic. It's one of those things you learn to expect the worst but hope for the best with because people who don't see it often don't know what's coming. I had the boy ready to jump on an eastbound bird but he's 18 and CO DMV won't accept his NC birth certificate without it being certified. I tried to send the Aunt to vital records for a certified copy because his mother lost the originals. They're locked down for Covid. Online or mail order only.

So $70 later it'll be here sometime in the next 4 weeks instead of the 8 weeks it usually takes...

TSA says he can travel without ID but good luck getting them to tell you what their vetting procedure is so you can come prepared.

·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts
Yeah, I've seen it before. Got blindsided by it in combat and as a medic. It's one of those things you learn to expect the worst but hope for the best with because people who don't see it often don't know what's coming. I had the boy ready to jump on an eastbound bird but he's 18 and CO DMV won't accept his NC birth certificate without it being certified. I tried to send the Aunt to vital records for a certified copy because his mother lost the originals. They're locked down for Covid. Online or mail order only.

So $70 later it'll be here sometime in the next 4 weeks instead of the 8 weeks it usually takes...

TSA says he can travel without ID but good luck getting them to tell you what their vetting procedure is so you can come prepared.
Ain't nothin' like the gubbamint to screw up a one car parade. I know I'm in PA, but if I can help leme know

·
Premium Member
35,988 Posts

I went through the state of California for a birth certificate for a Visa about 12 years back, and waited over 4 months. My dad said, just call the county. Got them in a week for one quarter of the cost.

·
Administrator
24,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Well, I got the call around 3:15am. Nobody could get ahold of my other son but he picked up when I called, so I let the boys know their mom was gone.

I went through the state of California for a birth certificate for a Visa about 12 years back, and waited over 4 months. My dad said, just call the county. Got them in a week for one quarter of the cost.
This was all started through the county, unfortunately. Carteret County is still a beach community at heart and a lot of their physical records get destroyed by hurricanes so they get digitized and backed up in Raleigh. Plus their online service is the same VitalChek service as the state records office. It's just a giant SNAFU really...

Reactions: ajole

·
Premium Member
35,988 Posts
Condolences, brother. Remember the good times, let the rest go.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts