Now, a new job.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by wganz, Oct 20, 2020.

1. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Big bunch of changes this week.
    Managed to make 65 revolutions around the sun on Sunday. :D

Today, I took a new job as a Hospice Case Manager.
    Cannot do the med/surg unit staff RN thing anymore. The legs just can't do it anymore. In fact, had to have to have some veins ablated due to venous stasis which caused some level of pitting edema in the lower legs. It was a +3 to +4 for those that know how it is measured. Especially, after 3 straight 12 hour shifts. It was hard to write that 2 weeks notice after almost 20 years there; but, had to do it.

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Best of luck with the new job. That’s important work, do it well.

wganz and moona11 like this.

3. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Good luck on the new job

wganz likes this.
  4. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Congratulations on the new job. Luck!

wganz likes this.
  5. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

When are you eligible for your 100% social security? I am eligible to get mine at 66 1/2. 3 years and 3 months.

I doubt I will keep driving trucks. I know I won't go back working at Lowe's.

wganz likes this.
  6. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Good luck with the switch, and congratulations on landing that new position.

wganz likes this.
  7. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Right now, it is 66 and 2 months until full benies from Uncle Sugar.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  8. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Good luck in your new position!! Hospice is tough also - just in a different way...

9. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Congratulations and good luck. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

10. rickm

rickm Member

Well you did better than me after 30+ years i just walked in and turned everything in and said bye (well sort of but will leave out the few choice words)and walked out the door.

undeRGRound likes this.
  11. @wganz good luck on your new adventure. Hospice work can be pretty tough.
    When I retired I rattled around for a bit, did some contract work, but I just couldn't stand the bullcrap and told 'em so straight up... and that was the end of that.

12. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Good luck! You got this. It sucks when your body starts working against you.

13. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Best wishes, but IMO it's time to work for Unc Ganzy, and not someone else. Get that SSI rolling, is another year actually worth it?

There are some SS benefit calculations that can help you decide. If you quit a year early, it might take 5-6 years before you lose that "break even" benefit. I'm assuming that it might pay off physically if you totally switch gears and do something totally different...

14. James St. Patrick

James St. Patrick Member

You made the right decision and good luck! I am sure you will be fine at the new job, and your body will appreciate the change.

OldOutlaw likes this.