Now you can mount the factory iron sight onto a LongShot rail

Discussion in 'Sponsor Area' started by LongShotMfg, Jan 9, 2016.

1. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

They are finally ready and are now available on our website. Simple conversion kits that will allow you to mount the HP factory rear iron directly to the top of our LongShot top rails. Available for all 995TS, 4095TS, 4595TS and 9mm with ATI stock conversions. Photos attached. And yes, this simple solution works great. Buy them, buy them, buy them! First 10 buyers get them with a 10% discount, too.

Ohhhhhhh....but just wait....there is something REALLY new that we are going to introduce in a few days. A completely new and modular version of our Integrated Rail / Barrel Shroud combination. Keep checking our website for it, cause they are all done, tried out and PROVEN at the range.
    J.

Attached Files:

2. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

Now THAT's COOL... I like the factory rear sight... I think it adds character, and they really ARE accurate and sturdy... Good job Jerry...

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I Missed This!
    Looks Great, especially for those who want a sturdy top rail
    and elect to keep the "railroad trestle" rear sights, or cannot
    yet afford to change over to something different, just yet...
    ANOTHER WINNER, J!

4. Mediocre_Bob

Mediocre_Bob Supporting Member

Just received and installed this on my 995TS. Perfect fit and easy installation. My only complaint is the replacement screw for the elevation adjustment is an Allen head and not a slotted head like the original so I need to keep an extra Allen wrench with me to make adjustments. Not a huge issue but worth mentioning. I'm looking now for a slotted screw to replace it.

Still a great deal.

5. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

Yes, we agree that using a slotted screw for the elevation adjustment would be a better choice. The reason why we supply this kit with cap screws is because they are black oxided and provide a little more resistance to corrosion. All of the slotted head screws that we sourced only came in un-coated, plain steel or stainless steel. We were worried that the un-coated steel screws might rust too quickly. Regarding the stainless versions, we purposefully stay away from using them due to possible galling and/or increased corrosion when coming into contact with aluminum. Stainless steel screws being screwed into aluminum is a no-no. If we come across some long length, black oxided screws with slotted heads, we will definitely start providing them with these kits. BTW, glad you like the kit! Thank you for being a LongShot customer, too!
    J.

6. Mediocre_Bob

Mediocre_Bob Supporting Member

Good points. Didn't even think about cathodic reaction. Thanks for the response!

7. theicebear

theicebear Member

When the rear sight is mounted on the longshot rail does it line up with the front sight? I suppose you would have to zero the sights again?

8. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

Yes, you will absolutely have to re-zero your sights. The factory front iron sight should have more than enough vertical adjustment range to compensate for differences in the rail height.
    j.