Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this is allowed and doesn't become political and get locked.

I think HP owners of all people should be concerned about things that could be coming down the pipe since the beloved carbine is on the "you've been naughty list".

I have never been a member of any gun rights group. I have been thinking more and more about and today I finally joined. A lot of people have some gripes about the NRA but since they are the biggest and have quite a bit of clout that is the one I joined. There are other good ones that would be great to join as well.

I think it would be a great idea for others to join... you can do so with only $10 if you don't want the magazine. I know $$ is tight for everyone right now, but $10 ain't that much. Growing numbers of members could really help open the eyes of 2A opponents.

Anyway, if you join, or are already a member, pipe up and let others know. Lets try to start some momentum.... just $10.

I'll start it. I just joined about 15 minutes ago!

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
i was lookin at the list and qualifications of a assualt weapon and it says it has to have a mag that hold more than 10 rounds i would think highpoint could make a real big stink about that because they only hold 10 rounds in their guns. even the states with the toughest gun ;aws say no fire armes with the capacity to hold more than 10 rounds in the mag maybe thats why they never wanted to make a higher capacity mag for their weapons.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
i agree with wolverine . i bet if they pass another awb the nra won't even flinch or lift a finger because it's not a hunting rifle . the nra should stand up for every gun not just some guns rights. they shouldn't pick and choose what guns they want to defend .

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
yep it's called buy all the guns and ammo you can every dime you spend on guns and ammo is well spent on the cause. trust me them guys up in the white house look at the numbers and they see just how many people there are buying stuff so if you wanna help out then get out there and buy . become a walmart idiot and buy . obamaseen just how many people want their guns when the gun stores emptied out the next day after the election . and i can tell you this that news coverage was the best thing that could have happened to us . so get out there and keep on buying.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ill join the NRA when the fight for ALL gun rights, not just the politcally correct Fudd ones.
NRA has sued various cities for different things pertaining to firearms in general. San Fransisco, Chicago suburbs, New Orleans. I ain't necessarily defending them.. there are lots of local state groups as well. In Texas we have Texas Rifle Association.

I really think right now would be a good time to have some one in DC lobbying for gun owner rights. I think we need to focus on what can we do collectively, not just what are they going to do for me individually. That is just me personally.

Anybody else a member of any organazations or thinking of joining any?

.......$10............................

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
I have been a member of the NRA a long time.........

and I have rarely disagreed with them. Sure, there are issues I wish they would take up, but any organization has to have priorities. If you dismiss joining the largest and most effective organization protecting your gun rights because you differ on some things, you are playing right into the "divide and conquer" anti-gunners' hands! The magazine is worth more than the cost of membership. Please consider joining the NRA.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
While they fight for gun rights, depending on the type of firearm, they are involved with and allign themselves with many other non-gun related political groups and factors that I do not wish to be alligned with. Then again, one of the platforms that my party runs on is 100% adherence to a nation's constitution, and they are VERY clear where they stand on gun rights.

But every decision should be made by the individual. what we as people hold dear is reflected in every action we take, and we should be mindfull on how that reflects on us as a person and as a member of a community. And, it's a decision that should not be made lightly.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I already renewed my NRA for another 3 years in October. Then I renewed my GF membership. Then I bought a random person on ARFCOM an associate membership. Then I bought my future MIL a membership.

8)

ETA::I did however let my GOA expire. Their site is a good source of information on reps, but didn't really seem to be worthwhile.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
My wife and I are both members, as are both my parents.

While they may be discriminate in their battles at times, it is important to be alligned with them if not just to boost the membership numbers, to show those in politics where U.S. citizens really stand on gun issues. The NRA is (I think) the biggest gun rights advocate group, boasting major clout in many major political areas. So liberal or conservative, or whatever you are- if you believe in the freedom to own and use guns, it wouldn't hurt to be affiliated.

They also offer many training programs and savings incentives for their members, as well as holding shooting competitions to further the art of shooting,as well as hunting. Some programs are aimed directly at those who traditionally don't get into the sport often, or right away- women and children.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Joined almost 4 weeks to date and still nothing has come in the mail yet. But, They were sure hot calling me at least 2-3 times a week after hours for the longest time leaving messages to join.

·
Registered
236 Posts
and I have rarely disagreed with them. Sure, there are issues I wish they would take up, but any organization has to have priorities. If you dismiss joining the largest and most effective organization protecting your gun rights because you differ on some things, you are playing right into the "divide and conquer" anti-gunners' hands! The magazine is worth more than the cost of membership. Please consider joining the NRA.
What makes the magazines so good? I always wondered about them and if they were worth it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Life member for over 20 years. Forked out for it after my exwife told me I could not have a gun in HER house.
I got the gun before I got the Life membership.
All it took was her telling me I could not have a gun IN HER HOUSE to push me over the line. I paid half the house payment and bills and I built the house with my own two hands with her dad and uncle.
All the blood and sweat I put in to HER house.
Any way, I'm glad you joined some 2nd Amendment group to help reinforce the troops when it comes to lobbying against corrupt political action against our Constitutional Rights.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Follow up from My #12 reply on here...........It has been a month now and nothing yet. Oh, wait a minute! I got something from the NRA in the mail yesterday when I got home. In the little window thingy of the envelope I could see what looked like a NRA plastic card...whoo Hoo it finally came! I opened it to see what I got and low and behold.....it was an application to join???? Also the survey page which you fill out, send it in and you get the range duffel bag. I think I'll wait another week before I call.
NOTE* My membership is FREE for One year because of the purchase of a TAURUS for year 2008.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.