Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alan West has accepted the nomination to run against Wayne Lapierre as leader of the NRA. I wonder what his chances are? I like his politics. I think he would do a good job. I think he would also boost membership.

i support the GOA, but I think the NRA is the best hope for the 2A. They just have more clout. But the NRA has been severely wounded. Maybe this is the chance to heal the NRA.

·
Administrator
29,244 Posts
Alan West has accepted the nomination to run against Wayne Lapierre as leader of the NRA. I wonder what his chances are? I like his politics. I think he would do a good job. I think he would also boost membership.

i support the GOA, but I think the NRA is the best hope for the 2A. They just have more clout. But the NRA has been severely wounded. Maybe this is the chance to heal the NRA.
His chances are quite slim. The short version is that no one becomes EVP without the Board saying so. Most of the current (bloated) Board are exceptionally loyal to WLP. There were a few on the Board that weren't so sycophantic but most of them have resigned in disgust. West was one of them, in fact. So you've got a Board full of people who are historically just Yes-men for Wayne. The question is, have even they finally had enough of the bad publicity, crashing donations, and criminal investigations? I honestly don't think they have; particularly since the NY Judge ruled that Latitia James couldn't dissolve the NRA. They feel more-or-less safe, or at least far less threatened. And worse, the rank-and-file NRA member still doesn't really know about the criminal activity. They've learned not to listen to the Legacy Press (and for good reason). So pretty much all they hear about it is the "Nothing to see here. Move along." lies from the NRA. If any of that is going to have the effect, I think it will be the loss of money but, well, I'm skeptical. At this point, I really believe that only criminal convictions of WLP and several other Board members will affect the change.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: Spyder913 and Rerun

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,154 Posts
At this point. The NRA needs to crumble. It doesn't stand for what it used to. Its run by a corrupt leader and board. Every dime you pump into it tells them to keep on keeping on. Your vote doesn't matter with them. It's all for show. I say stop feeding the beast.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'd also vote for West. I considered him when I was determining who to vote for for Texas Governor.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,154 Posts
I feel that the NRA will change...nothing stays the same. I'm still a member.
At the rate they are going they will be bankrupt and or dissolved with the board and leadership not changing. They continue to wreck whats historically been a good organization. At this point I hope they do fold. They stopped listening to their members years ago.

·
Administrator
29,244 Posts
At the rate they are going they will be bankrupt and or dissolved with the board and leadership not changing. They continue to wreck whats historically been a good organization. At this point I hope they do fold. They stopped listening to their members years ago.
NY judge took dissolution off of the table. So they'll probably go bankrupt.

There's been some unsubstantiated claims that valuable exhibits are disappearing from the NRA museum but no one seems to want to do an inventory in order to put the rumor to bed.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

• Wow
Reactions: Spyder913 and Rerun

·
Registered
806 Posts
How anyone in a SUIT and NECKTIE could ever pretend to represent me or my interests...
Sounds pretty narrow minded and obtuse. Broaden your understanding and acceptance, you might be surprised.

• Haha
Reactions: Rerun
1 - 11 of 11 Posts