Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of my new and possibly life changing (see my intro thread) C9. I managed to get this little beauty at a FLGS for $158.75 out the door including tax. These are all pre-first range trip.

Left side with the loaded clip (yes I read about detensioning the spring).

Right side, slide locked open.

With some of Wally World's finest (which means cheapest) ammo.

In the $5.86 Crosman holster as recommended on hipointfirearmsforums.com. Those guys are the coolest.

I don't know why people call these ugly. That's one fine looking machine.

Hoopty doo, can't wait to go get my range permit and use up some ammo. Let's go shootin' boys!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Nice pics, now go shoot it and ugly it up a bit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
another south carolinian in just a few days, Haven't shot my new c9 yet either , weather keeps ruining my weekends. What part of SC you from?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Nice pictures! Now we need a range report.
I don't know why people call these ugly. That's one fine looking machine.
I heartily agree. I think they very good looking; not sissy looking and not frankenstein looking either. A no-nonsense firearm with clean lines.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
That's one purty machine my friend! Now go test drive it and let us know how she handles.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice setup, same holster and gun as me but you actually have more than one magazine full of ammo, lol, I shoot all my bullets except for one magazine for home.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hoopty doo, can't wait to go get my range permit and use up some ammo.
You have to have a range permit where you live? That totally sucks. Is it costly?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You have to have a range permit where you live? That totally sucks. Is it costly?
Well, I have the option of two ranges within reasonable (less than 50 miles) driving distance of where I live.

1. The one on Shaw AFB which is only accessable to me on Saturday and Sunday afternoons for four hours. They have one "tube" and it's first come, first served, maximum one hour unless there's nobody waiting. And it costs $5 an hour per person. My guess is it doesn't get much use.

2. Or I can go to Poinsett Range. Open all day Saturday and Sunday, owned by the state. $5 a day or $25 a year for the permit. The bonus is that it's only a few miles from my house. It has two 20 alley ranges, one for handguns and one for long guns. To me the choice was obvious.

The plan at this time is to build our own two alley range on an unused corner of our land (look behind my wife in the sig pic). I have three pastures and one hay storage barn to complete before that happens though. Then all I have to do is pay for ammo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts