Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
Well, that feels like a win!
Now, if New Yorkers will get serious about making that mean something, by voting out their petty leftist tyrants, they might actually get to carry guns.
But until the local and state politicians get canned, nothing will change.

Reactions: adam01364

·
Administrator
29,182 Posts
And Clarence Thomas wrote the Majority Decision.

"Nothing in the Second Amendment’s text draws a home/public distinction with respect to the right to keep and bear arms, and the definition of “bear” naturally encompasses public carry. Moreover, the Second Amendment guarantees an “individual right to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation,” id., at 592, and confrontation can surely take place outside the home."

Article here:

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Super Moderator
9,614 Posts
Definitely a win, and it will no doubt have implications far beyond NY.

And NY got exactly what they had coming to ‘em, so they deserve a royal fvcking over.

• Love
Reactions: lklawson

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,012 Posts
If we've learned anything. NY will just make some difficult law to stop it. They don't mind trying everything up in courts.

·
Administrator
29,182 Posts
If we've learned anything. NY will just make some difficult law to stop it. They don't mind trying everything up in courts.
They're already planning it. They've made no secret that they expected this decision and have per-prepared legislation "frag you, we're going to make this as difficult as we can and slow-walk everything" waiting.

I expect to see it filed in an emergency NY session tonight or tomorrow.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
696 Posts
Heard part of the NY sabotage plan is to make everywhere a "sensitive place".

That's pure unadulterated bovine excrement.

This simple fellow sees the term meaning things like courtrooms (and the immediately adjacent office spaces), jails/prisons, nuclear plants, and not much else. Any place that a member of the public has a right and reason to go, should not be a restricted place.

·
Administrator
29,182 Posts
Heard part of the NY sabotage plan is to make everywhere a "sensitive place".
They can't. Thomas already cut them off at the knees on that line. They're going to try to push the boundries as much as possible though.

This simple fellow sees the term meaning things like courtrooms (and the immediately adjacent office spaces), jails/prisons, nuclear plants, and not much else. Any place that a member of the public has a right and reason to go, should not be a restricted place.
He talks about some of those places in his Majority Opinion but also says that this decision isn't intended to fully address that.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: SDProf

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
Like I said…the ACTUAL win will only come once the leftists are voted out, and their pet bureaucrats are fired.

Until you get real Americans into office, and real Americans administering the red tape bureaucracies and running the system at the point where it touches the people, it’s not finished.

There were laws in place to stop Germany from re-arming after WW1. Didn’t do squat. As long as the people we are paying to run things keep doing whatever they want, rather than following the freaking law and doing the job we expect them to do….it’s not going to change.

China is the prime example of that. Every time they got conquered, the bureaucracy stayed in place, and nothing really changed for almost 1000 years.

You want change? Empty the offices, fire EVERYONE from top to bottom, and start over. Or, you know…you could nuke it from orbit.

·
Registered
815 Posts
And Clarence Thomas wrote the Majority Decision.

"Nothing in the Second Amendment’s text draws a home/public distinction with respect to the right to keep and bear arms, and the definition of “bear” naturally encompasses public carry. Moreover, the Second Amendment guarantees an “individual right to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation,” id., at 592, and confrontation can surely take place outside the home."

Article here:

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Does this create a firearms ammo shortage situation and prompt citizens across the nation to permitless carry?

Seems like a win on a national level and many will likely perceive it as such I'm thinking.

·
Super Moderator
9,614 Posts
Seems like a win on a national level and many will likely perceive it as such I'm thinking.
The restrictive nanny state politicians are already shitting their pants. They KNOW the illegality of their gun laws are indefensible and will be challenged at every turn. It’s about time.

·
Super Moderator
25,927 Posts
Well NY is fucked on multiple levels and keep in mind this is also the 2nd big victory, made even more important because it is a win at the highest level where as the first win was tossed out on the grounds that NY repealed the law before it could be heard, so the state could technically still revive it again.

See in NY you need a permit to purchase AND a permit to carry. Both are hard to get with the carry permit being virtually impossible. (Until this ruling.) The law that was repealed was a transportation law the prevented you from bringing a firearm registered on a permit to Address A to any other address where you might be staying; like a second home, vacation rental, hotel, camping trip, etc.

So what NY lawmakers will do is instead of having just 2 flaming hoops to jump through, they'll move the goal post and add extra hoops like insurance, luxury taxes, additional registration fees, safe storage inspections w/ fees, more/longer classes and/or certified training hours.

These were all things discussed with the SAFE and SAFER Acts. They still haven't figured out how to create the registry and BGC software tracking system for ammo purchases like the budgeted a billion dollars for, but I bet they put their backs in to it now...

·
Registered
815 Posts
The restrictive nanny state politicians are already shitting their pants. They KNOW the illegality of their gun laws are indefensible and will be challenged at every turn. It’s about time.
I believe you're right, and today is the day for citizens and pro 2A law maker's to apply pressure. If this don't give them a green light, I don't know what does.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Well NY is fucked on multiple levels and keep in mind this is also the 2nd big victory, made even more important because it is a win at the highest level where as the first win was tossed out on the grounds that NY repealed the law before it could be heard, so the state could technically still revive it again.

See in NY you need a permit to purchase AND a permit to carry. Both are hard to get with the carry permit being virtually impossible. (Until this ruling.) The law that was repealed was a transportation law the prevented you from bringing a firearm registered on a permit to Address A to any other address where you might be staying; like a second home, vacation rental, hotel, camping trip, etc.

So what NY lawmakers will do is instead of having just 2 flaming hoops to jump through, they'll move the goal post and add extra hoops like insurance, luxury taxes, additional registration fees, safe storage inspections w/ fees, more/longer classes and/or certified training hours.

These were all things discussed with the SAFE and SAFER Acts. They still haven't figured out how to create the registry and BGC software tracking system for ammo purchases like the budgeted a billion dollars for, but I bet they put their backs in to it now...
Couldn't have come at a better time with elections coming up soon. What "they" do between now and then will affect many outcomes.

·
Super Moderator
25,927 Posts
Couldn't have come at a better time with elections coming up soon. What "they" do between now and then will affect many outcomes.
Not really. The people couldn't get rid of Cuomo until even "they" couldn't bury another sexual harassment claim on top of all the other shit he pulled in office. NY is deep blue. I voted for Fred Akshar and everyone i know upstate voted for him. The whole state was red save for Buffalo, NYC, Albany, Plattsburgh, my county, etc. Anywhere there's a SUNY campus? It'll be heavily populated and voting a straight Democrat ticket. In my old county all the cops, firefighters, and first responders claim Republican but the orgs, leagues, and unions all endorse and vote blue. If you want to talk about communism in this country, just look to the Working Families Party chapter in NY.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Administrator
29,182 Posts

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Until the Supreme Court rules all laws in regards to the 2nd Amendment are unconstitutional, we'll continue to see DemoNcrats make laws to restrict Americans' Rights to firearm ownership.

Ditto,
all of the other first Bill of Rights Amendments.

Rerun

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Several media articles are already spleenventing that this decision was "wrong" and that the 2A was "never for the individual person" but reserved for the State/Militia/military :rolleyes: as if the 2A said the "Right of the State and militias to keep and bear arms" versus "the Right of the People to keep and bear arms" 🤔🤔🤬

Supposedly with the other upcoming 2A SCOTUS cases, there is a possibility of parts (not sure which, the SBR/SBS, the suppressors, the AOWs, or even machine guns?) Of NFA 1934 being ruled unconstitutional and nullified if not the whole thing, as well as GCA1968 and parts (particularly the Hughes Amendment) of FOPA 1986. And then the possibility of SCOTUS forcing whats left of the BATFE to disband and be put back to the IRS and FBI... But.... we'll see what happens. Several antigun politicos already declared their intention to not follow the SCOTUS ruling.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
While I rejoice in the decision, I'm certain the the communists will continue to ignore the laws and the Constitution just as they have been doing for years. The Left is, for the most part, the ones who will have to enforce this decision - Rach already said NYistan won't, Commifornia won't, nor the People's Republicks of NJ or Maryland. Hope I'm wrong. Don't think I am

·
Super Moderator
25,927 Posts
Realistically, the only thing the BatFE does is handle paperwork. Treasury already has alcohol and tobacco. The FBI handles Explosives, NICS, and armed enforcement. All these alphabet agencies exist solely to hide money from the oversight committees because the role of the FBI is supposed to encompass all of it anyways. It's the Federal Bureau of Investigation, not the Federal Bureau of a little bit of this over here and some of that shit over there even though we're going to be involved in all of that mess anyways.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts