NY sues to dissolve the NRA - widespread fraud

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by SWAGA, Aug 6, 2020.

1. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

“Exploited for personal gain” there ya go LaPierre...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-york-ag-dissolve-nra-lawsuit

This link is even worse:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...389794-d794-11ea-930e-d88518c57dcc_story.html

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I'm going to go out on a limb, here, and say that they don't have grounds to dissolve the NRA. They certainly have grounds to go after Li'l Wanyne for his actions, though. You can't just shut down a corporate entity because of what it's executives do for their own benefit. You crush the executives, instead. Otherwise, we'd have seen plenty of other corporations dissolved for self-dealing and other fraudulent activities.

CowboyBob, uncle mark, Rerun and 2 others like this.

3. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

Is the NRA even relevant any more?

yworrydog, bscar and 1024Megabytes like this.
  4. rugrat

rugrat Member

Do you have a juris doctariat or have you slept at a holiday inn over night to prove your thought or opinion. Just asking.

5. rugrat

rugrat Member

Nope, they are a wounded duck that in my opinion does not amount to carry any weight or pressure to get anything done!

yworrydog likes this.
  6. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Why would he? The board is 90% in his pocket. They rubber stamp anything Wayne wants and the ones who object are sidelined or ousted.

They do in New York, where the State government is granted (itself) broad power. NY is, of course, where the NRA is chartered.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  7. I thought the exact same thing when I first read the article.

I wonder why they didn't file any criminal charges if funds were misappropriated?

uncle mark, undeRGRound and Think1st like this.
  8. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

There are different rules for a Non-Profit, chartered in N.Y.

Honestly, the NRA should have moved its Charter ages ago.

OTOH, it's true that Wayne & Co. have been using the NRA as their personal piggy bank for decades and are certainly guilty of vast fraud counted in the hundreds of millions of dollars.

If the Board has any sense left, it will fire Wayne, clean their own house, immediately begin a transparent and open Internal Audit, and move their Charter to some other state which is not actively hostile to Civil Rights.

...but they wont.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

9. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

They are. Mostly because the vast rank and file have no idea this is happening. The NRA still holds sway with millions of members.

Just because they're suffering from a self-inflicted gunshot doesn't mean they're not still powerful. The griz ain't dead 'til it's dead and just because it will die in a little bit won't stop it from eating you in the mean time.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

10. Yes.

"The NRA political action arm is planning to spend tens of millions of dollars this fall to mobilize its members to defeat Democratic candidates who seek gun restrictions, including putative Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden"

HP/C9/45ACP, CowboyBob and Think1st like this.
  11. SWAGA

This the same NRA that funneled money out of Russia during the ‘16 elections?

12. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I believe that the evidence shows that this particular allegation is one of the (few) false claims, the way it's presented. The way it's always presented is a dramatic misrepresentation.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

13. histed

histed Supporting Member

And as the 2020 election draws even closer, yet another crap storm hits the fan. "May you live in interesting times" Years ago B. H. Liddell Hart wrote a work on strategy, keying on the value of teh indirect approach. I think the approach to this election by both sides would have made him proud

ajole likes this.
  14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    No. That would be the imaginary NRA that only exists in the memes of the left.

This is the real NRA, which just funnels money from America into LaPierre’s and board members’ pockets.:rolleyes:

Besides...there’s nothing wrong with taking money out of Russia by providing a service or skill they need, unless it breaks some law. Nothing the NRA supposedly did broke any laws, so even if true....it’s just leftist drama and false indignation over nothing.
    Just like hating on Dominos for a tweet to some blonde college kid in 2012.

hillcogolfer and CowboyBob like this.
  15. The question was "Is the NRA even relevant anymore"

16. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

The reason I get my $10 transfers at my FFL!!! He takes $10 off for NRA members.

Something at least...

Think1st and lklawson like this.
  17. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

LaPew can become a convicted felon................and lose his 2A rights.

18. SWAGA

Bullitt68, CowboyBob and histed like this.
  19. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Actually they are very relevant. Especially politically. When is the last time you heard GOA or JPFO in a political sense. More importantly does a non firearm enthusiast even know What GOA or JPFO even is?

20. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I need to join the FPC. Them and the GOA seem to be doing some good in the courts.

The NRA need to kick that mud turtle out of office. All of his chronies too.

I have no idea who these jerkwads are. https://godfearinggunowners.com/about They advertise on a local conservative talk show. Gravel voiced speaker with patriotic sounding music in the back ground. For all that crap their website is lacking. Looks like a big rip off to sell merchandise to stupid people. https://www.facebook.com/godfearinggunowners/about/?ref=page_internal