Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Obama's Budget: the 600 Mile High Club

719 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  SHOOTER Z 
#1 ·
A nice visual of how much money we're really talking about:

http://www.usatoday.com/printedition/news/20090901/column01_st.art.htm

In 1981, when America's accumulated debt was creeping up on $1 trillion, President Reagan explained in his first address to Congress,

"I've been trying … to think of a way to illustrate how big a trillion really is. And the best I could come up with is that if you had a stack of $1,000 bills in your hand only 4 inches high, you'd be a millionaire. A trillion dollars would be a stack of $1,000 bills 67 miles high."

Obama's budget will have, for the first time, a single year deficit of $1 trillion and, according to the Obama administration's own projections, the same stack will be over 600 miles high ($9 trillion) at the end of 10 years, and that might be optimistic.

Obama's 2009 budget deficit will be greater than all of the Bush deficits from 2002 to 2007 combined, according to the Heritage Foundation's Brian Riedl. And none of this takes into account that Obama's health care ambitions, nevermind cap and trade, could swell the deficit much more, if realized. Nor does it take into account the fact that unless the economy revives, tax revenues will continue to plummet as they have been (this year saw the greatest drop-off of receipts since 1932), which would make the shortfall even worse.

Too bad none of those inches are going into my bank account.

-'bridge

See less See more
#2 ·
Wont it be sad if this is what destroys the Republic after all these years. Wars, plagues, depressions all fail only to have a spendthrift administration do it in.

#3 ·
Wont it be sad if this is what destroys the Republic after all these years. Wars, plagues, depressions all fail only to have a spendthrift administration do it in.
THAT is his goal. after all HE is a commie and commies hate freedom [except their and their cronies own] I no longer call him president. He's really trying to be another Hitler, Stalin, and Mao all rolled into one body. When he will bow to a Saudi king and be buds with Castro, Chaves, and all these jerks and abandon Isreal to the muslim hord he lost all what little respect I had for him and his gang

#6 ·
That's OK I've been ignored by the best so you don't really matter :D [I think I made an Obamalover mad hehehehehe]
lol thats funny bt i think it will be more true the more time passes in this current administration

on my note

well teh way i see it is that the deficit is not the publics but the corporate and government deficit if anyone needs to be held accountable it is the government that tries to run this country

when i go to the store do i not pay cash for what i need want i have no deficit all my bills are paid and i have no personal debt

the gov needs to hang for what they have done and they are not going to try and pass the buck to us the lil people

they can go to hell i have paid and own all my stuff as do most everyone else in the us i have no car loan i have no house loan i have no property loan

and they say we have the deficit i think not and if the cooperate companies are taking our money and not paying the piper then they need to hang as well

i am tired of hearing ntl debt this ntl debt that it is not we the peoples debt it is our governments debt and the corporate debt

#7 ·
How is spending too much money comparable to three genocidal maniacs combined? Ignored by the best give me a break. You are only currently ignored by two people me being one of them. I'm not mad and I'm not an Obama lover, you just make more dillhole posts than the average member and there happens to conveniently be an ignore button.

#8 ·
Too ignore his similarities with previous tyrants would be done so at our peril. None of the previous dictators began as the monsters they became except possibly Stalin as he did not reach the position though democratic means. It is exactly when the actions contradict what is said that all gloves need to come off and any comparison can be made. There can be no doubt at this point BO is a liar undeserving of any fairness, the only question is if he is a monster. Lets not find out.

#9 ·
How is spending too much money comparable to three genocidal maniacs combined? Ignored by the best give me a break. You are only currently ignored by two people me being one of them. I'm not mad and I'm not an Obama lover, you just make more dillhole posts than the average member and there happens to conveniently be an ignore button.
Well there are a lot of folks who ignore me out here. They just don't need a Little button to do it. And as for my "dillhole posts" That is your opinion

Let's see first off he uses the economy as an excuse to bailout the banks, car industry etc. Then he's trying to regulate the health insurance into a one group deal. Next he will try to "balance the right to free speech on the airwaves and shut down all those who would argue with him like Beck and Hannity and Limbaugh ANYONE who disagrees with his Holiness.
If he can destroy the dollar THEN they have a good excuse to shut the banks down and emerge with a new currency the AMERO. Just like dictators he has his thugs out there trying to scare and intimidate people into doing his bidding [Black Panthers, the unions his civilian corp will be next] ACORN is one of his goon squads as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.