·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was odd fixed now.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
I was never a fan of giving a day a "meaning" any way you put it. Some crazy shat happend some time or another on every single calender day of the year. We cant make every day a holiday. I happen to not celebrate any holidays as it is. But I do throw up a decoration or two for holoween just because the uber religious around here don like it. But if it gives my lazy ass another paid day off work Im not going to fight them about it.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are some things so inane as to be not even worthwhile enough to contest.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
A day of service and remembrance, that last word was left out of the article above. FWIW the whole movement was started by MyGoodDeed, a nonprofit started by friends and relatives of 9/11 victims. Working with Service Nation, the National September 11 Memorial & Museum, the Corporation for National and Community Service, and New York Cares. This is not new, it was part of the volunteer legislation passed back in April.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
I'll always have a place in my heart for this date The day I lost 343 brother firefighters, 7 were very close friends,1 was a young man I helped bring into this world!! They can call what they will! Obama can try to change history all he wants BUT too darn many people saw on TV AND in real life just what that day means. Just like December 7 1941 September 11 2001 is also "A DAY OF INFAMY"

I was in New York City 2 days AFTER the attack!! I was at Ground Zero!! I SAW THE DESTRUCTION!! And no amount of mealy mouthing or name changing will ever replace what it was, a cowardly, senseless, brutal attack!!!

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
And the hits just keep on coming! Just what does this guy have to do to pull some criticism from the press? This is too much...
http://spectator.org/archives/2009/08/24/obamas-plan-to-desecrate-911
I'll always have a place in my heart for this date The day I lost 343 brother firefighters, 7 were very close friends,1 was a young man I helped bring into this world!! They can call what they will! Obama can try to change history all he wants BUT too darn many people saw on TV AND in real life just what that day means. Just like December 7 1941 September 11 2001 is also "A DAY OF INFAMY"
I was in New York City 2 days AFTER the attack!! I was at Ground Zero!! I SAW THE DESTRUCTION!! And no amount of mealy mouthing or name changing will ever replace what it was, a cowardly, senseless, brutal attack!!!
Unfortunately, those in charge have plans; nothing must be allowed to stand in the way of remaking society. 9/11/2001 is a day in history that stirs US citizens to think in terms of nation, family and friends. It hinders the 'change' deemed necessary.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
I was never a fan of giving a day a "meaning" any way you put it. Some crazy shat happend some time or another on every single calender day of the year. We cant make every day a holiday. I happen to not celebrate any holidays as it is. But I do throw up a decoration or two for holoween just because the uber religious around here don like it. But if it gives my lazy ass another paid day off work Im not going to fight them about it.
We didn't give the day meaning, cowardly terrorists who attacked us in the worst act of terrorism on our soil did. This isn't a friggin hallmark holiday and I see by them not showing these scenes every year hell every month ..every day there will be many like you who say "eh..so what? shat happens everyday" No my friend shat like this does not happen everyday here, to us. There are 2 examples of it in modern history both of them "sneak attacks" the aforementioned Pearl Harbor attack and this one. In each case unsuspecting americans and others DIED. It should not be allowed to become some hollow sham of an Earth Day, Organizing Day, Green the Block or any of this other nonsense. It is not a Mattress sale day type holiday anymore than Pearl Harbor Day is and the sad fact is that Dec 7th 1941 is remembered less every year but at least it had a good run in the hearts and minds of a couple generations. 9/11 deserves no less than our sacred rememberance of a horrible day and unsuspecting people lost to people who mean us nothing but harm. You may blow this off as meaningless I'll fight twice as hard to make up for you not being there to make sure it isn't. Enjoy your day off, those in the towers don't have that luxury, nor do their families on that day.

·
Badges? Wha Stinkn Badges
113 Posts
My dad and I were watching some of the highlights on Fox news. We both talked about what we were doing, and exactly where we were, when we saw that second plane hit the other tower. That was eight years ago and that sight is burned in to many peoples minds. When I heard the term "Man made natural disaster" I wanted to PUKE. What kinda of ignorance is that to fall out of someone's mouth? I think we should go back to the Tar and Feather days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts