ODDS/ENDS: PRIMAL-AR LOWER; WASR 5.45; FEG 63; PT22 fix

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by NDS, Dec 28, 2007.

1. I've been pretty busy lately and have several things to report on.

Taurus PT22 first. I previously wrote about my problems with feeding this. As I looked at it, there was a small burr at the entrance to the chamber. Even though this used pistol appeared unfired, the previous owner must have dry-fired enough to cause a burr from the firing pin hitting the rear of the chamber. I cleaned that up, polished the chamber a bit, and now it feeds fine, no more problems.

Primal--you wanted pictures of the AR lower the guy in Gilbert is making. I picked it up today but haven't been able to fire it yet. DPMS receiver, assembly looks good, $204 out the door including sales tax. He is doing this at his home, not at the address on the website. If you need help with directions when you go, let me know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here it is with an upper I have:

[​IMG]

I went to J&G a couple of days ago and bought a Romanian 5.45X39 WASR rifle

[​IMG]

And I bought 2 FEG 63 pistols while my son bought 1. Mine had to be sent to a dealer in Vegas, but here's a couple of my son's pistol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Altogether, I had a great time seeing my kid for the first time in a couple of months and blowing off way too much ammo. I need to go back home so I stop hemorrhaging cash! :wink: :wink:

2. Very cool, wish I could go on a shopping spree like that!

3. I only wish I could afford to do it more often. I saved up some knowing I'd be in AZ and able to stop by J&G for the FEGs and the WASR. Some of this was paid for with money I'd saved up, the rest will have to be recovered by selling some stuff. I don't usually get unduly attached to guns, so I've got a few I'll probably be selling over the next few weeks to rebuild the savings. It would be nice to be able to keep every gun I buy, but I just can't afford it; the only way I can buy different guns to play with is to recycle them!

The best part was my son wanted one of the pistols (only $99.00 on sale!) so I was able to give him the money to buy. He never asked for much growing up and asks for nothing now that he's grown--very cool young man. :)

4. I live in Nevada and was wondering what I can buy and transport back home from AZ. I'm planning on a trip to J&G this summer. Anybody?? Nice WASR, by the way!!