Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot my Gen 2 995 today for the first time. Only fired 7 shots, but they all fired. I just noticed that all the firing pin hits were halfway off center. Is this normal? I can post a pic if needed.
I did do a search, but didn't see this as a topic.
Thanks

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
Check that the pin isn't bent. After that, don't worry about it. There's a bit of play in the firing pin channel. They rarely hit dead center.

I did do a search, but didn't see this as a topic.
We're rather famous for our thread drift. It's been addressed no less than 50 times but you'll have to check threads titled "Look at this chicks ass" and "I like tacos".

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMAG0001.JPG
Dang! I even checked the "Phat ass babes who like tacos" thread and didn't see it? Anyway...

F-pin looked straight, but I spun it in a drill and it's Straight!
Slide face F-pin hole to F-pin diameter very decent, no slop.
Put a live rnd in chamber, no slop.
I put a fired brass back in the slide face and the alignment between extractor and side wall is perfect.
From the slide face wear, I'd say the cartridge sits a little high w/t firing pin hitting low. Maybe this is to help w/t ejection?
I've never had ejection problems myself so wouldn't know.

·
Super Moderator
28,354 Posts
Check that the pin isn't bent. After that, don't worry about it. There's a bit of play in the firing pin channel. They rarely hit dead center.
A lot of Glocks do this too.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

·
Premium Member
21,120 Posts
Hi-Point fires off senter so the cops know it was a HP that fired the cartridge. The pistols have a left hand twist and fire off center too. Not sure if the carbines have a LH twist.

Reactions: riverrover

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and when the cops realize the shooter has a Hi Point, they feel so sorry for them they just walk away to go write tickets for jay walking.
I think I'm catching on to the HP strategy now!!

·
Premium Member
21,120 Posts
View attachment 67905 Dang! I even checked the "Phat ass babes who like tacos" thread and didn't see it? Anyway...

F-pin looked straight, but I spun it in a drill and it's Straight!
Slide face F-pin hole to F-pin diameter very decent, no slop.
Put a live rnd in chamber, no slop.
I put a fired brass back in the slide face and the alignment between extractor and side wall is perfect.
From the slide face wear, I'd say the cartridge sits a little high w/t firing pin hitting low. Maybe this is to help w/t ejection?
I've never had ejection problems myself so wouldn't know.
I see you are shooting NATO ammo.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually it's mixed brass reloads. Some of it does have the NATO stamp. I don't reload, but have a friend who does.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts