Off to Cabela's to buy a C9

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Dohrmc, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Dohrmc

Dohrmc IIWFWTIWRTW Member

A quiet day, so off to the local Cabela's to get a C9. Yes, I am a sick man.

Guy whips one out of the case, and I am holding a HiPoint pistol for the first time. Wow, lots of material in there. However, it seemed fine, so I said I would take it.

He arrives back, and tells me the holster comes with it....200 bucks is the deal. He won't sell, unless it is the package deal.

See you later, says I, and I came home.

At least I got to handle one. The impression is that the gun is stoutly built. I liked it. I just want something to take in my vehicle instead of an expensive gun.....in case of theft.

But I did like the way it felt. Handled a .40, man, that is a handful of gun.

2. Gainestruk

Gainestruk Mike Member

When I got mine last month from local dealer he ask if I wanted a holster with it and I said no so he took magic marker and covered the sticker on side that said Galco holster.
    He said they come separately and they just mark it out if you don't.
    Sounds like you need to find someone else to help you :D

3. MarkWS

MarkWS Member

Last spring when Cabelas had them on sale I got one without the holster and one with(didn't have anymore without in stock). I think if I'd have pushed they would have bent. One of the things I like about Cabelas and when I worked there I was sure to keep the customer happy.

4. Dohrmc

Dohrmc IIWFWTIWRTW Member

It was the typical Sunday afternoon crowd. Lots of people there. I think I'll cruise up there next week, and see what happens.

5. MarkWS

MarkWS Member

I went to the local one at lunch on Thurs(first day of 2 Amendment sale). Gun counter was packed. Background check line was long. Was told there was 100+ in line when the doors opened and all headed for the guns. Not sure they had enough stock for the demand.

6. Sync2Rhythm

Sync2Rhythm Member

All the Cabela's around me sold out of HP's within 2weeks of advertising their sale. I found a new C9 at a local pawn shop for $40 cheaper. I've got it in layaway just in case I can't find one elsewhere.