Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walt Disney just bought out Marvel Comics...

:'(

·
Registered
708 Posts
In the words of Eric Shelton (Handgun Podcast) "My childhood has officially been crapped on!" :'(

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
Disney does such a lousy job of managing comics. They couldn't even keep their own comics distribution operation running for more than three years and in the process they dumped it off on Marvel to print and distribute.

They just want the film franchise and with it goes any hope of comic book characters with any real grittiness to them. Punisher goes to Disneyland? I don't f--king think so.

-'bridge

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Marvel is Stan Lee so when he kicks it would be dead anyway. Might as well let Mickey drive it into the ground then we can all blame them.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Stan started the ball rolling, but over the years their rep and creative culture has attracted top shelf artists and writers. Despite Jim Shooters best efforts to alienate all their top talent with his micro-managing style he did manage to increase Marvels sales. Unfortunately, by the time Marvel fired him in 87 most of their good talent had already jumped ship for DC or the new creator owned independants. If they can keep getting good people Marvel could outlast Stan easily. The big question: is Disney gonna leave them pretty much alone to do their thing or start channeling Shooter?

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Did I just see a pig fly? :cantlook: :cantlook:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.