Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry but I can't hold my tongue any longer. All this boo hoo about possibly losing the right to have assault weapons and HI Cap mags. I do believe in the right to protect yourself and your loved ones, but honestly no one really NEEDS these weapons. If you are competent with a firearm then in no way should you have the need for 20 or 30 5.56/7.62 rounds for protection, hunting or any other "sport". Don't get me wrong I'm not just bashing "assault weapons" I also don't believe you should need 30 rounds in your Glock or any other handgun. I think Hi Point has it right with 8 round and their HI Cap 10 round mags. People are acting like children, they've been told that they can't have this worthless toy so now they all want it. Call me old fashion but my firearms have a purpose. My pistol is beside my bed for protection (10 rd mag), my rifles are for hunting. If you do hunt with your AR then good for you, but then you know how weak a 5.56/.223 is when fired from a short barrel weapon. I know most of you are going to take this as a personal attack but it's not like that in any way. I'm just voicing my opinion like everyone else. I think most people have lost sight of what firearms are intended for. There's no more hunting and gathering, just hoarding and looking "cool". By cool I mean tactical and black. As always thanks for reading my rant, I look forward to your comments.

"Why dose anyone need an AR15 with 30 rounds of ammo?

Why dose anyone need more than one square of toilet paper?

**** happens" (A.S.M)

So if you don't have a whole roll of tp you won't take a ****? Or it takes the whole roll to hit your ass. Weather wiping or shooting you don't need it all.

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I am a former United States Marine, I was well trained and well versed in shot placement and effect on target. I only have the stock magazines that came with my weapons. I don't feel that there is a need for 20-30-100 round magazines, clips, strips, or drums. HOWEVER, just because I personally don't need them now as a civilian, doesn't mean you can take them away from EVERYONE. If you can effectively prove to me that a 30 round magazine is any more dangerous then three 10-round magazines I will gladly agree to tell my lawmakers to sign legislation to take them away from people. Bolt-action or semi-auto I guarantee I can fire more rounds at a faster rate than an untrained knucklehead on a rampage AND be using the lower capacity magazines. The ONLY way you can stop a rampage by limiting round capacity is to make everything a single shot, single load weapon.

DON'T give me any crap for that statement, it was actually suggested in NY that everything not a bolt/slide/pump action single shot weapon be banned.

I will also say that the most deadly weapon you can put in my hands is a Remington 700/M40 sniper rifle which is a bolt action hunting stock style weapon that is effective straight off the shelf.

Guns with hi-cap mags don't kill people, criminals and psycopaths that don't give a flying fart in the breeze what the law says do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When the UN TROOPS come knocking, they will have thirty rds in their m4's That's why I need my ar with thirty rnds so I can stand some sort of chance. My h&r handy rifle(while a fine gun for deer in .223) won't do me much good in a firefight against tryanny.

·
No longer broke...
21,920 Posts
Well the way things have been going it's more likely to be Mexican drug lords than the UN.

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
... but honestly no one really NEEDS these weapons. If you are competent with a firearm then in no way should you have the need for 20 or 30 5.56/7.62 rounds for protection, hunting or any other "sport"...
You need to study the intent of the Second Amendment more. Let me offer these guidelines as to what the framers of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights intended:

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American...[T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
--Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.]

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

"No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson, Proposal Virginia Constitution, 1 T. Jefferson Papers, 334,[C.J. Boyd, Ed., 1950]

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
- George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress ... to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.... "
--Samuel Adams

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive."
--Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution (Philadelphia 1787).

What, Sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty .... Whenever Governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins."
-- Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts, spoken during floor debate over the Second Amendment, I Annals of Congress at 750, August 17, 1789

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
-- Patrick Henry, 3 J. Elliot, Debates in the Several State Conventions 45, 2d ed. Philadelphia, 1836

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Feeling better yet? I started this tread so people would blow off some steam and maybe chill about all this AWB crap. Lets keep it going and maybe you will all get pissed off enough and start doing something. Keep going and lets F'n hear it!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, and don't hate me, hate the voices in my head that tell me to say the things I do. At least I'm not saying F U, F U like someone else lol.

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
My problem is that alot of people have these items and they shouldn't
People on welfare who trade their stamps and cash assistance for drugs to the people who carry the illegal weapons don't need iPhones either, but you don't see the government going after them now do ya?

·
No longer broke...
21,920 Posts
My problem is that alot of people have these items and they shouldn't
Agreed, trouble is how do you separate?
Nobody really needs anything it is about want
We don't need to drive a Charger, Dodge Ram truck or a Ford F250.
99% of what people do can be done in a Chevy Volt or Toyota Prius.
We don't need supersized fries and we don't need 32 ounce slurpies.
It is about the government interfering in your freedom of choice, this to me is not a 2nd amendment thing.

You like revolvers don't you? How about the government telling you can't have one you can only have a 5 round .25 cal semi auto?
Telling you where to live? What to eat and what to drive and what to like?
I need an AK with a 30 round mag about as much as I need a 500HP Charger.
But that's not the point.

We have enough gun laws as is, some of them could be enforced a little better though.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will also say that the most deadly weapon you can put in my hands is a Remington 700/M40 sniper rifle which is a bolt action hunting stock style weapon that is effective straight off the shelf.
I'll stay behind my M24 in 338 lapua. Still a groundpoundin' joe at heart lol.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts