Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did a deal with agent here in Ohio who is working in the aerospace industry for his first job and as a side business is using the same technology to design suppressors using 3D printing and powered steel. he gets to use the same sort of modeling software and his own custom written modeling programs to develop and design custom cans that will be specifically designed to flow the eddies and currents of the gas. Pretty cool.

He's going to be starting up one of the prototypes tonight. I told him when he has a product to talk about to let me know and I pass on some information to you guys and other folks I know.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

·
Registered
651 Posts
Depending upon cost, I'd be willing to send a deposit! :)

·
Premium Member
9,230 Posts
I just did a deal with agent here in Ohio who is working in the aerospace industry for his first job and as a side business is using the same technology to design suppressors using 3D printing and powered steel. he gets to use the same sort of modeling software and his own custom written modeling programs to develop and design custom cans that will be specifically designed to flow the eddies and currents of the gas. Pretty cool.

He's going to be starting up one of the prototypes tonight. I told him when he has a product to talk about to let me know and I pass on some information to you guys and other folks I know.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)
Maybe he can start making some of those smuzzle things the DoD is working on--the deals designed to direct noise downrange away from the shooter. No Class III horse crap!

·
Premium Member
21,120 Posts
Maybe he can start making some of those smuzzle things the DoD is working on--the deals designed to direct noise downrange away from the shooter. No Class III horse crap!
Those are already a reality for the general public. I can't find the reent video. Tactical Shit did a test of the device.

·
Premium Member
9,230 Posts
Those are already a reality for the general public. I can't find the reent video. Tactical Shit did a test of the device.
I really like the idea of those. I saw the Tactical Shit piece on it, or I saw it in the Guns America blog. I don't recall what it was, but it seemed that there was an advantage the DoD version had over the currently-marketed one.

I want a pistol version, though. They are only discussed in the context of long guns.

·
Premium Member
21,120 Posts
I really like the idea of those. I saw the Tactical Shit piece on it, or I saw it in the Guns America blog. I don't recall what it was, but it seemed that there was an advantage the DoD version had over the currently-marketed one.

I want a pistol version, though. They are only discussed in the context of long guns.
got a link? I have AR "pistols!"

·
Premium Member
9,182 Posts
D642CF4C-71D9-4666-BEE6-58E0E56FC470.jpeg

Reactions: Think1st

·
Super Moderator
28,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Super Moderator
28,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A Linear Compensator? I got one on my AR Pistol. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Super Moderator
28,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Super Moderator
28,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
9,182 Posts
Looks like pretty much any other Linear Compensator. I wonder what they're trying to patent?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Noveske has been around for a while. It's a 2 piece sound forwarder. It actually works pretty well. It is not really a compensator, more like a single chamber silencer.

·
Premium Member
9,230 Posts
A Linear Compensator? I got one on my AR Pistol. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
I'm talking about a real pistol. Not some BS stockless SBR. And I'm not criticizing the utility of AR "pistol" length weapons. I'm criticizing the categorization of them as pistols in order to get around the capricious measurements in the NFA, sacrificing functionality in the process by not allowing them to have real stocks. The entire game, itself, is BS.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Here's a pic of the US patent on the smuzzle listed in the link above. They call it a suppressor so it's gonna be taxed as such.

US 10598458 smuzzle.jpg

·
Premium Member
21,120 Posts
I'm talking about a real pistol. Not some BS stockless SBR. And I'm not criticizing the utility of AR "pistol" length weapons. I'm criticizing the categorization of them as pistols in order to get around the capricious measurements in the NFA, sacrificing functionality in the process by not allowing them to have real stocks. The entire game, itself, is BS.
My SBA3 is very comfortable. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9,230 Posts
My SBA3 is very comfortable. :thumbsup:
It might be until ATF decides to capriciously decide, once again, that it can't be shouldered. I just find it frustrating that there are interpretations that can be changed seemingly overnight and for no good reason. I want the whole NFA scrapped.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts