Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in getting my CCL and have been told by a few people that I should not do it as it opens a can of worms for your personal life. However none of them can explain how or why. I do not see any downsides to getting my CCL as I am planning on carrying per the law and don't have problems or issues that would interfere with it. Can anyone give me any negatives about having a CCL?

·
Registered
313 Posts
weird man, I have two very good friends (husband and wife) with their ccl in ohio and I have never noticed anything weird with their personal life lol...I will have to call them tomorrow to ask them if they have some form of weirdness going on that I am unaware of lol.

My girl and I are wanting get ours so I too would like to be aware of any weirdness :p But according to our friends it is pretty straight forward and easy to do.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I'm in Ohio and I have a co-worker who carries and the only problem so far is that you have to stow the gun if you're eating at a restaurant that serves liquor, or working in a building that has a victim zone sign. The only other problem I can see is if you get pulled over a lot, as you'll have to tell them about your CHL and all that crap.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know that if they run my tags it will come back as having a ccl and that is fine as I don't do any illegal activity as drug running, immigrant running , etc. lol Most likely these stories of negativity result in poor knowledge or fear of having someone know what they are doing. I remember now one of the guys claims that cops will mess with you more thinking you are a trouble maker. In my opinion at least they will have knowledge that I am a legal and trained to carry a weapon and that it is not a secret that I have a gun.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The cop will know when he runs your plate that your background has been checked through the federal data base and if anything was questionable you would not have your CCW. So before he gets out of his car, he will know that you are a good guy and will probably cut you some slack for it. Any dumba$$ can get a drivers license with no background check required. Just food for thought!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
The consequences of being caught carrying your gun without a ccl, easily justify obtaining and carrying it.
Stay legal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Absolutely, I obey all laws but would like the convenience of having the CCL as I do alot of motorcycling and that would make transport alot easier, plus it is getting to be a crazy world and don't want to be in a crazed situation 4 hrs from home on a back country road with no help for miles.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Absolutely, I obey all laws but would like the convenience of having the CCL as I do alot of motorcycling and that would make transport alot easier, plus it is getting to be a crazy world and don't want to be in a crazed situation 4 hrs from home on a back country road with no help for miles.
I ride as well. One of the reasons I carry.
Better to have, and not need, than to need, and not have.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
looks like a great learning oppt. for those who don't want you to carry........ did I say that? :devilsidesmile:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts