OK,.a sneak peek at our next new product!

Discussion in 'Sponsor Area' started by LongShotMfg, Jan 9, 2016.

1. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

...but just a peek. Coming to the LongShot website in just a couple more days MAX. We call them Shot-LOC. We use the Magpul M-LOK design with the windows machined into our shroud tubes, and then use a recessed and modified M-LOK configuration on the bottom of our rails. The result....M-LOK configured picatinny rails that can be mounted on a radius and shroud! Brand new, US Patent Pending design.....and only available from LongShot. And you can mount on both the bottom AND the top....or on each side when turned 90 degrees.
    J.

Attached Files:

2. 31U_Airborne

31U_Airborne Member

Those are great looking. But if you want my moolah produce a high cap mag. 15-20 rds. :D

3. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

There are already a few dozen companies making aftermarket mags for HP carbines. We only make the things that nobody else can or chooses not to make. I guess you will be spending your moolah elsewhere.
    j.

4. Zeroturner

Zeroturner Member

LongShotMfg,

I thought the after market higher capacity magazines for the 9mm (at least) such as Promag could/would damage your carbine which would in turn cancel your warranty.

Not true?

Thanks!

5. lsi1

lsi1 Member

and we lost another thread to high cap mags.

6. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

A few dozen? I know of two. One sucks and the other never brought them to market.

7. Does pro mag even still make them?
    And redball sports just disappeared

8. Zeroturner

Zeroturner Member

LongShotMfg,

Please take the time to respond.

Plus you stated: "There are already a few dozen companies making aftermarket mags for HP carbines"

Will you be so kind as to specify just a half dozen names of those companies that make after market mags for HP carbines.

Again, please take the time to respond.

Thanks!

9. Rachgier

I'm pretty sure pro mag does, you might have to wait for TNT to come back before finding out for sure. I know they're still for available from their website though.

Yes, redball was basically a complete bust it seems.

Every other "aftermarket" mag I've seen for sale was from Pro Mag. So I guess we're down to a single manufacturer.

10. Zeroturner

Zeroturner Member

I'm satisfied with the HiPoint 10 round magazine.

One reason is I like the flush fit.

Also, I bought the bolted on stock attachment gizmo that holds an additional 2 HP magazines.

This is sufficient for me.

To be sure, I own 30 round Pmag magazines for my Colt LE6920's, but don't feel under-magged, if you will, with the 10 HP mags.

Frankly, I wouldn't want a higher capacity HP mag as it would get in the way as my Pmag's often do in my AR's.

I'm considering getting some 10 round mags for my AR's, especially when bench shooting.

11. Rachgier

I think I'm up to fifteen 10rd mags for my 4095. I have 23 mags for my AR, thanks to some kick ass members of HPFF when I escaped NY.

12. Zeroturner

Zeroturner Member

Rachgier,

You've more AR mags than me.

I think I have 15 or so, I think...

Actually, I do need another HP mag to put in the carbine empty to hold the bolt open.

As it is, I have to unload one of the current mags to accomplish this task.

13. Rachgier

You do know that the charging handle also doubles as a bolty holdy openy device, yes?

It's not snark, it's humor. I promise. :rofl:

14. Zeroturner

Zeroturner Member

Rachgier,

"You do know that the charging handle also doubles as a bolty holdy openy device, yes?"

That's what I thought, but after I repeatedly attempted to get the bolt to stay open using only the charging handle, it couldn't be done, (by me anyway...)until I installed an empty mag, then voila', it stayed open.

15. Rachgier

Well, we did have a long time member here who finally succumbed to the temptation and picked up a carbine. In his zeal to get rounds down range, he installed the charging handle knob backwards and came here for advice on how to make it hold open as it should have. He was abused for a while, but we got him sorted out. You did put the handle on so the skinny end is towards the receiver cover right? The tapered end fits in to the circular notch in the cover. It can take a bit of ass to make it work in the beginning, but as you shoot it, it will get easier.

16. Zeroturner

Zeroturner Member

Rachgier,

"You did put the handle on so the skinny end is towards the receiver cover right?"

Yes, I did. It's installed correctly. The fat end is to the outside.

The thing that puzzles me is why it'll hold open with an empty mag, but not without...?

I just now worked it again without a mag in it and try as I might it will not hold open. I tried to get the C.H. to hold by attempting to push it into the area that it should be in, in order to stay open, but I can't make it do so.

It performs properly when I shoot the last round, that is, it holds open and as I've mentioned it'll hold open with an empty mag.

But, getting to hold open with no mag can't be done, ...by me.

And, thanks for your help. I really do appreciate it.

I'd estimate I shot approximately 125/150 rounds so far.

17. Rachgier

There is a quote button on people's posts if you want to quote them and not type it all back out again.

Second, there is a LRHO device in the rifle that uses the follower to lift a tab which locks the bolt back after the last round. It only functions with an empty mag that way you can still close the bolt after dropping the empty mag. And you're SURE your charging handle is mounted like this?

[​IMG]

A little bit closer, but it's focused more on my chopped rear sight, but you can clearly see the taper on the handle.

[​IMG]

18. Zeroturner

Zeroturner Member

Rachgier,

I did a simple cut and paste to quote precisely what I wanted to post.

I've been away as I saw a HUGE feral hog boar while looking out my west window, and decided to try to shoot him, but no luck. He came up to my fence and stood there while we eyeballed each other. By the time I got out with what I needed to dispatch him, he was gone, though I spent 30 minutes looking for him. Oh well.

Yes, the CH is installed correctly. Honestly...

19. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

When you pull it all the way back, do you push it down before pushing it in? That'd what I have to do. I had a hard time with it at first to get it to work.

20. Zeroturner

Zeroturner Member

sarahsmom,

Yes, I tried doing that til I was blue in the face and finally threw in the towel.

I'll get my wife to hold the carbine while I try again - tomorrow.